Guess who's Fett is back?

Looking great. Do you have any photos without the blaster? I'd like to see how your girth belt and ammo belt sit in relation to the shortened vest. I've just shortened my own vest so that the ab plate sits right at the bottom. great work btw, perfect weathering on the flightsuit :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Geez, I don't come around here for a couple days and I miss all the excitement! Looks great Lou. Jet pack looks a little big though...

Looking great. Do you have any photos without the blaster? I'd like to see how your girth belt and ammo belt sit in relation to the shortened vest. I've just shortened my own vest so that the ab plate sits right at the bottom. great work btw, perfect weathering on the flightsuit :)

Thanks brother!

I dont have a pic yet, but i will after the weekend. Wintercon has a no blaster policy this year, so i wont have my blasters with me. You can kind of see where the ammo belt is sitting in the second front pic. i have velcro on the jumpsuit and on the back of the pouches to hold the ammo belt up. So the harness belt with the divers buckle just peaks out of the bottom of the vest and thers about an inch of space then the ammo belt which covers the top of the girth belt...if that makes sense lol. I'll have pics next week though :)

Geez, I don't come around here for a couple days and I miss all the excitement! Looks great Lou. Jet pack looks a little big though...

Thanks Matt!

Yea its the picture.....my wife took it standing too close and it was tilted a bit out towards the top...it was taken with a cell phone so its all distorted. ..hence why i said i added that pic for entertainment value lol

This is the same pack, painted jango style by my garrison mate Ty...
12211327_10153227222488587_1158359439_o_zpsjulicy9n.jpg

Great looking build! Hoping that I can get mine altogether here in the next 6 months or so. ...Still so many questions and lots of work ahead. Thanks for sharing!

Quick question Lou, what do you use in your thigh ad ammo pouches to get them to retain their shape? I am using foam and I don't really like it.

I actually have foam in them as well. Sometimes i think its the way its cut and you fit it into the pouch. The first time i did it i hated it..but when i redid it, it looked better..not sure exactly what i did, but it looked way better than the first attempt lol

Heres a couple of pics form the con this weekend....This is my freind Jennifer in her awesome Batgirl...
12309683_10154409504729115_5010769253454451865_o_zpsxlwotuhp.jpg

Funny Story...we bumped into each other...not hard at all, and my thruster broke clean off lol. She felt so bad! I told her shes the strongest Batgirl i know! LOL!

I wasnt concerned because i knew i could just make another....the reason it broke was because the set i put on my pack was the lightest set i could make, and i had a feeling they wouldnt be too strong, didnt think they would break THAT easily though lol. This set was completely foam filled and the resin layer was fairly thin. I usually make the attachment post area soild resin when i cast these, to avapid breakage..but i did this set to see how far i could go with weight strength ratio.. apparently i went too far LOL. But i already cast a replacemnt one and will have it ready for next time.

12341278_10153874315504673_5197911129158252985_n_zpsq9stzyha.jpg

My sister-in-law Melyssa, myself and the wife
12342743_10153874315719673_8293330580870926887_n_zpshptedgyy.jpg

Here is proof my jetpack isnt huge...well the best shot i could find lol
12314030_10153874315974673_292423015933672521_n_zpsvaltkkmm.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back