Greetings from Historian Fett

'Sup to TDH community. I've been quietly poking around the forum now for about 6 months and figure it's way past time to introduce myself.

I was born in 76 and have literally been a Star Wars fan my entire life. Lucas' cinematic masterpiece dominated much of my childhood and sorta just continued doing so into the rest of my life. I've been collecting SW toys for most of my life and have, well, a bit of a problem on that front. I collect mostly vintage loose and all the new TVC in both a carded and loose forms. I also got bit by the Fett bug early on. He was always my fav. I even got a Slave I for my birthday when I was 6 that still sits in my office.

I live in North Carolina and am married with four daughters. All four of my kiddos have taken to Star Wars, so we've got SW toys literally all over the house. I am a history professor by trade, hence TDH name "Historian Fett." My school office is covered floor to ceiling with SW swags and toys. Ships are literally flying over my desk. When students come in they are always amazed and shocked. Some love it and some simply think I'm an uber dork. I guess, guilty as charged.

The end of 2019 while searching for SW toys I came across a Fett suit on eBay that I almost bought. Doing a little research I found my way to TDH and away I went. I'm currently in the early planning for an ESB screen accurate build that will meet 501st requirements. I'm doing loads of research and have already talked to some amazing, kind folks on here who have been super gracious to answer my endless barrage of questions (you folks known who you are!!!). I initially figured I'd just buy a complete Fett suit. How hard could that be to find? Well, that ended up being a pipe dream after passing on the eBay offering. In truth I largely bailed on that one b/c of the advice on here to avoid eBay. I haven't even made my first purchase to date, but I am slowly lining things up. Honestly, my biggest concern is trying to get the right stuff for a proper ESB build where I don't invest in the wrong products for what I'm trying to create. As big of a SW/Fett fan as I've been my entire life, I was shocked to find that somehow I missed the green to brown gauntlet change from ESB to ROTJ. Other than that, I'm working to slowly line up purchases, paintings, etc. I'm sure I'll do a WIP as details related to my build emerge.

See y'all around the board!

Cheers,
Stephen (Historian Fett)

Welcome Stephen!! As you mentioned, the members are glad to help, feel free to ask anything you need help with, or any clarification to help you along your way. You've started out in the right direction by avoiding Ebay, don't buy anything off of Facebook either unless you know someone that can be a reliable reference for the seller. Etsy is hit or miss the same way. There's plenty of vendors here that make high quality props and are reliable.
Take your time, research any and all build threads that you can find and be sure to look up references in the Media section and look over the CRL for your version that you are building!
Enjoy the ride, Don

'Sup to TDH community. I've been quietly poking around the forum now for about 6 months and figure it's way past time to introduce myself.

I was born in 76 and have literally been a Star Wars fan my entire life. Lucas' cinematic masterpiece dominated much of my childhood and sorta just continued doing so into the rest of my life. I've been collecting SW toys for most of my life and have, well, a bit of a problem on that front. I collect mostly vintage loose and all the new TVC in both a carded and loose forms. I also got bit by the Fett bug early on. He was always my fav. I even got a Slave I for my birthday when I was 6 that still sits in my office.

I live in North Carolina and am married with four daughters. All four of my kiddos have taken to Star Wars, so we've got SW toys literally all over the house. I am a history professor by trade, hence TDH name "Historian Fett." My school office is covered floor to ceiling with SW swags and toys. Ships are literally flying over my desk. When students come in they are always amazed and shocked. Some love it and some simply think I'm an uber dork. I guess, guilty as charged.

The end of 2019 while searching for SW toys I came across a Fett suit on eBay that I almost bought. Doing a little research I found my way to TDH and away I went. I'm currently in the early planning for an ESB screen accurate build that will meet 501st requirements. I'm doing loads of research and have already talked to some amazing, kind folks on here who have been super gracious to answer my endless barrage of questions (you folks known who you are!!!). I initially figured I'd just buy a complete Fett suit. How hard could that be to find? Well, that ended up being a pipe dream after passing on the eBay offering. In truth I largely bailed on that one b/c of the advice on here to avoid eBay. I haven't even made my first purchase to date, but I am slowly lining things up. Honestly, my biggest concern is trying to get the right stuff for a proper ESB build where I don't invest in the wrong products for what I'm trying to create. As big of a SW/Fett fan as I've been my entire life, I was shocked to find that somehow I missed the green to brown gauntlet change from ESB to ROTJ. Other than that, I'm working to slowly line up purchases, paintings, etc. I'm sure I'll do a WIP as details related to my build emerge.

See y'all around the board!

Cheers,
Stephen (Historian Fett)

Hi Stephen!

Im not best qualified to welcome you to the site as you are a member longer then I have, albeit a silent one so far. Still its great to see you make an introduction (and one, the answers my question wha the nickname "Historian Fett").

And I also might add that I surely would like to see your desk with that slave one on there. You being a historian makes me imagine the scene like a crossover from Star Wars to Indiana Jones! (who was an achreologist, I know).

And dont beat yourself up about missing the gauntlet change (red btw. ;) ) Ive spent YEARS not realizing that Fett had a sidearm in ESB AT ALL :D

kind regards rom Germany,
Ram

Hi Stephen!

Im not best qualified to welcome you to the site as you are a member longer then I have, albeit a silent one so far. Still its great to see you make an introduction (and one, the answers my question wha the nickname "Historian Fett").

And I also might add that I surely would like to see your desk with that slave one on there. You being a historian makes me imagine the scene like a crossover from Star Wars to Indiana Jones! (who was an achreologist, I know).

And dont beat yourself up about missing the gauntlet change (red btw. ;) ) Ive spent YEARS not realizing that Fett had a sidearm in ESB AT ALL :D

kind regards rom Germany,
Ram

Thanks, RAM!

I chose the name Historian Fett since I'm a history professor. I study the 16th century mostly. I'll have to send pics of my office in a few weeks. Right now all my SW toys are in boxes and bins in a storage closet on campus (yes, under lock and key). They are painting my office and laying new carpet, hence the disruption. You can only imagine what it's like to literally move "a galaxy" when you've got writing, emails, and classes to teach.

Thanks, RAM!

I chose the name Historian Fett since I'm a history professor. I study the 16th century mostly. I'll have to send pics of my office in a few weeks. Right now all my SW toys are in boxes and bins in a storage closet on campus (yes, under lock and key). They are painting my office and laying new carpet, hence the disruption. You can only imagine what it's like to literally move "a galaxy" when you've got writing, emails, and classes to teach.

looking forward to this! I am of the opinion that a desk is saying much about a man. And im interested in all of that cool Star Wars stuff :D

Being a history nut myself, I also think its cool that you are a history professor - are you at a school or at a university? A college?
Myself, Im more into the 20th century though as well as the late 19th.

Finally got around to getting my office back into some semblance of order. Here are a few pics of my current setup, per your request, RamSkirata. You should see the looks on my student's faces when they walk into my office on campus. I've actually got tons more at home in a closet. I'm just waiting on my daughters to get a bit older. Then I'll turn one of their bedrooms into a SW room :lol:

Office 1.jpg
Office 2.jpg

Office 3.jpg
Office 4.jpg

Office 5.jpg

Attachments

• Office 2.jpg
    Office 2.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 140
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back