Green

Flykiller

Jr Hunter
20201003_091554.jpg

Hi !
I would like to know what you think about that green.
It's light green 65% and dark grime 35% mixed (archive x paint)
Thanks,

It seems a bit light (this color is betters suited for the ESB jetpack or gauntlets), but maybe it's the lighting in your room. Also it depends what choices you have for the rest of the colors: if the red you use is too dark, your green will look pale; this goes for the dark gray too. I say you should darken the green:
Face Color Template New 2.png

These are the colors I used for my stencils and were taken from the exhibits images.

Thank you very much for your answer.
The color you see is not too far from the real color of my helmet.
It is the stencils I also used.
I will try to add some dark green.
If you want to add comments I am still listening to any advice.
Thanks

Last edited:
That's what I figured as I read the answers.
Rafalfett said it was a bit light.
KaanE said something about darkens a color.
My english is not fluent, sorry if I misunderstood.

T
I would suggest to do a test strip with weathering on.
This is the best way to do it. Asking for people’s opinions based on a couple photos isn’t the most productive route because , despite some well educated guesses, there is no consensus on the perfect colour or recipe. Guy from Archive-X is the first to suggest that his colors are a starting point and need to be mixed/misted/weathered to get the right look.

I would start my paintjob by painting the different colours onto some squares of plastic and see how they look relative to one another, and go from there. I’m sure that once you do that you’ll be able to see for yourself if a colour looks correct, and it’ll save you from wasting a lot of paint if you decide a colour isn’t quite right. Personally from the photos I’ve seen of the light green + grime mix I’d like mine to be a little less saturated, and the only way to do that is to do lots of test strips!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back