Got my MS Helmet today!

pennywise

Well-Known Hunter
The postman brought me a supprise today! My MS I :love it :cry and will sleep with it under my pillow tonight. :D No but seriously, this thing is great! Great workmanship, came with all the parts, very clean cast, trimmed nicely (not finished), nice and thick fiberglass. It's bigger than my Don Post 95 and fits my big head nicely. Also MS shipped it quickly (only a few weeks turn around time) I'll post some photo's later. :) (y) (y) :cheers (y)

OK, here is the photo's I said I'd post. It's kinda hard to tell from the photo's but the MS does have alot more room on the inside than the Don Post 95. The DP my nose hits the T-visor and the MS it does not. I also like the fact that the MS is taller, so your chin is not hanging out below the bottom of the helmet. (y)

Last edited by a moderator:
I did my "learning" paint job on the Don Post. ;) Now I'm ready to do a "real" paint job on the MS. Don't expect any photo's soon, I'm going to take my time on this one for sure. I even had a aluminum range finder stalk made for it. I will post pic's of course when it is finished. :)

:) taking time is the way to go!!

looking forward to seeing it completed!!

what kind of style do you want to paint it into?

?

I thought it was ROTJ with yellow kill marks on the helmet? Maybe I just don't know what I'm Talking about. :p Anyway that's what I'm going to do ROTJ with yellow kill marks. It seems to me that George Lucas has change it several times already, that I personally don't think it's that big of a deal if it's a little different. I think I will go with what "I" like. ;)

By all means do what you like, it is YOUR costume.

here's a Screencap of Boba in ROTJ
Once you get to the link, click it twice for full size
screenthemes37id.th.jpg

From what I've been told, the SE ROTJ is the suit featured in The Visual Dictionary. This is the pic I'm basing my son's costume on. ESB Helmet, ROTJ neck down. Hope this helps.
Cruzer

OK, I finally got around to finishing my bucket. I used TK-409's instructions for painting and T-visor. I had gotten a BM t-visor and even though it was very nice, it did not fit the MS helmet. I know it is not a Spidey Fett or Marrow Sun Paint job, but I'm happy with it. This is only my 2nd helmet I painted so don't be too critical (not bad for a newbe);)

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back