Good mannequin to handle Boba's Jetpack weight?

Here’s an update on my mannequin. Thanks for that link Ord Mantell . Followed SolarFett ’s lead and purchased those tripods and had great success getting my mannequin to grip the EE-3.

2567D545-187A-48CE-BA3D-316484DD3064.jpeg

A8A2C5AB-4BD3-4287-9C7A-F4EBE11BC29D.jpeg

I decided to take it a step further and remove the tips. Then I wrapped them in electrical tape very tightly (especially at the tips) so they would fit in the gloves better and slip on and off easier.

D9AAB8C2-72C0-4087-96E1-238605020C1B.jpeg

The results were perfect. Now the right hand supports most of the weight of the blaster, instead of having to lean the stock on the ammo belt. I was able to achieve a much better pose than earlier.
234AFC56-05B8-4D3D-8C34-26EC8F96BE6A.jpeg
A7B21CA8-23E4-4A04-80C4-FA25AE9CC873.jpeg
4FA7416D-047E-4E63-994E-AB005C497430.jpeg

20219F46-A801-40AB-ABFE-93BA0944E3C6.jpeg

Somewhere the makers of the tripods are desperately trying to figure out what secret sauce they used to increase 2nd quarter sales. I bought ten off of Amazon the other day recognizing that I've got at three least of my life size Fetts that need better grip technique... :lol:

Just checked in on this thread since I'm about to buy this mannequin! The tripod finger trick looks AWESOME! Definitely will have to try it out once I get this mannequin in hand.

I ended up making a couple more mods to this mannequin. It’s honestly a really great mannequin base but I felt these things just took it to the next level.

I cut notches into the arms below the shoulder and used a fiberglass repair kit to move the arms out away from the body some more. My work with the fiberglass was very bad, and I didn’t feel like sanding it smooth, so I just covered it with duct tape and then put a shirt over it so it didn’t mess up my flight suit.
11D4B664-6971-4578-8464-0711F59AA166.jpeg

And then I did the same finger mod with the left hand so it can grip the barrel of the EE-3

DFE2B044-7620-474F-A927-36EB1007BD74.jpeg

2702E482-8327-4411-994E-965FC1CC2DDC.jpeg

don’t mean to jack the thread but how do you guys thicken your mannequins to match your actual body like the chest, arms, etc?

don’t mean to jack the thread but how do you guys thicken your mannequins to match your actual body like the chest, arms, etc?
I am on the thinner side, but I still wanted to pad out my chest area, I did so with some old shirts layered underneath the flight suit. As for the arms, I didn’t add anything, I just fluff out the sleeves until it looks right.

stleon2 it works! I have an extra pair of like $50 Boba boots with spikes that I'll drill a hole in for security, but I think I got the last mannequin from the one you linked? So glad I randomly checked this thread a recently!

1663985772248.png

Yep, that's the one that I have three of mine on. It's got the right body type and if you do the trick with the tripod legs to replace the immobile digits on the hands, it's a pretty awesome option. One thing I did do on mine was use these little clear plastic shims under the heal of both boots to keep the jetpack from causing any lean. it really helped with the look. Didn't do it on my PP2 (updated pics soon) because he sort of needed that lean to give him the right amount of swagger :)

Yep, that's the one that I have three of mine on. It's got the right body type and if you do the trick with the tripod legs to replace the immobile digits on the hands, it's a pretty awesome option. One thing I did do on mine was use these little clear plastic shims under the heal of both boots to keep the jetpack from causing any lean. it really helped with the look. Didn't do it on my PP2 (updated pics soon) because he sort of needed that lean to give him the right amount of swagger :)

Is this in another thread or where are the pics of the plastic pieces you're talking about?

stleon2 it works! I have an extra pair of like $50 Boba boots with spikes that I'll drill a hole in for security, but I think I got the last mannequin from the one you linked?

I've always debated drilling a hole into the boot for added stability.

I've always debated drilling a hole into the boot for added stability.
All of mine have a hole in the boot and I either use the heel rod that comes with the mannequin stand or I use a 12 inch by 1/2 inch threaded rod from your local home improvement store. They're all very stable. I don't ever wear my costume so I don't worry about the holy boots (ha!) but I suppose you could also use some sort of plug to plug the hole if you're planning to display sometimes and wear others...

Success! He is fully dressed. The RIGHT arm cannot rotate very well towards the inner area of this mannequin since it gets too tight, but it's okay. I wasn't planning on him holding his gun anyways.

For now I just shoved some furniture super sliders under the heel.

IMG_4095.JPG

IMG_4096.JPG

Question about this mannequin. How is it held up? Does it have a pole through the feet or through the calves? I was thinking of getting this one as well.

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back