GM's First FUlly Functional Fett Ammo Belt !! PICS !

Gator Fett said:
The belt looks great GM. (y) I had been wondering if you would get around to this project or not. :) Glad to see you put it together. :cheers

BTW, what's the weight difference between the resin base and the aluminum base? The resin looks thinner than the aluminum, so I am guessing it came out lighter.

Gator

hey man ! bout time you came around ! As far as these versus your aluminum, I would say that believe it or not, your aluminum is actually lighter. Reason being, this is denser resin than usual for toughness.I just don't like working in metal, that's all. Also, we didn't end up using your tube, we ended up making our own from sintra and changing a little of the sizing. So, when I send you a set, at least it will be different in some degree ! Thanks again !

These looked GREAT in person, even for the first run. It can only get better and they are not to heavy either. SUPERB JOB!!! Got Maul and also impressive the time if took you too!

Damn, Somebody beat me to the idea of pouring the boxes out of resin. I have my box "master" done and was going to pour silicone on it this weekend. Great work!!!!

JasterSL1 said:
Damn, Somebody beat me to the idea of pouring the boxes out of resin. I have my box "master" done and was going to pour silicone on it this weekend. Great work!!!!

great minds think alike brutha !

a wedding.

that's what happened !! In all seriousness, I was supposed to pick up some resin and the molds this last week but because of (ahem) invitation duty ...things got abruptly stopped...things as in LIFE got halted !

No less, I already made some presewn pieces basically ready for gluing..

That belt looks suhweeeet!!! I've been trying to get a static belt off of ebay for the longest time. Keep getting outbid at the last minute. Grrrr... but if you do a run of these put me on the list.

I am fully planning a run, but realistically, its probably not going to happen until mid April when I could see past the wedding - thanks for the bumps though !

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back