Girth Belt???

Cactusboii

New Hunter
Hi, im starting my ROTJ Boba cosplay and i have no idea on how to make a girth belt... can anyone help me? I could not find any advice on how to build one. i had the plan that i would make one out of a few red jumping ropes and stick them together but that just doesn't seem right to me. Id be happy with any advice!

Cactusboii
There are many different places to get the girth belt. Like Mythos Fenn stated, dyeing the belts can prove difficult - especially if your looking to get 501st cert'd. I however, am NOT looking for a 501st certification - I just want something really close as possible. I'm building a ROTJ variant and ended up getting Man of War Studios ESB Girth Belt, cause to me - in my eyes, I really can't see that difference in color. (No way, would I go for MoW's ROTJ Girth Belt thought - way too bright RED)
Boba Fett - Girth Belt Comparison.jpg

...I can speak to the quality of MoW's Girth Belt and that it is of very good quality. Some fellow Fett's on here will talk about getting it close to this color:
Boba Fett ROTJ Girth Belt Color.jpg

.....which is the color listed on the 501st website as being accurate for the girth belt, and what you should shoot for when you are looking to get 501st certified. But to each their own. Good luck in your journey!

Thanks,
-Iron

Attachments

• Boba Fett ROTJ Girth Belt Color.jpg
    Boba Fett ROTJ Girth Belt Color.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 193
I used acrylic wood stain and had no difficulties. I did this several years ago and it has not faded or bled onto my flightsuit.

Lucky! I did the same and not all of it kept. Had some white peaking through even after 3 dye attempts so finished it with spray paint and then sealed it.

Lucky! I did the same and not all of it kept. Had some white peaking through even after 3 dye attempts so finished it with spray paint and then sealed it.

Yeah, see? .....and that woulda been my luck. (Lady luck adores me!) Actually, after those three attempts it woulda for whatever reason, turned out pink.
:lol:

-Iron

I used acrylic wood stain and had no difficulties. I did this several years ago and it has not faded or bled onto my flightsuit.
I ordered a girth belt from Adam Horse & Pet Supplies. I did a forum search and can't find more details about your method.
Can you remember the brand and color of wood stain you used?
Did you soak it, spray it, brush it....?
Thanks

I ordered a girth belt from Adam Horse & Pet Supplies. I did a forum search and can't find more details about your method.
Can you remember the brand and color of wood stain you used?
Did you soak it, spray it, brush it....?
Thanks

This is the method I used.

I want to say I used the Behr brand acrylic wood stain from Home Depot, but I’m not positive. It was a small container. Less than $10, if I recall correctly.
I thinned it down quite a bit and then put it in a bucket and worked the stain in the fibers with latex gloves on and the just hung out to dry. I’m sorry, but I don’t remember the color.

I've had the color saved in my phone for my next trips to Home Depot or Lowes, actually Lazerjock . The color that was discussed (that I have seen discussed) was a Sherwin Williams stain color (Minwax). Home Depot no longer carries Minwax, tho. Just an FYI...

Its a SW Water Based Wood Stain; color is SPICE:

Minwax® Water Based Wood Stain - Sherwin-Williams

Also, please let me know the fitment of the girth from that site. Hoping the dimension listed is buckle to buckle!

I've had the color saved in my phone for my next trips to Home Depot or Lowes, actually Lazerjock . The color that was discussed (that I have seen discussed) was a Sherwin Williams stain color (Minwax). Home Depot no longer carries Minwax, tho. Just an FYI...

Its a SW Water Based Wood Stain; color is SPICE:

Minwax® Water Based Wood Stain - Sherwin-Williams

Thank you!

Also, please let me know the fitment of the girth from that site. Hoping the dimension listed is buckle to buckle!

Will do!

Incredible Lazerjock ! It looks great, and thank you for confirming this. What do you think of the color!?! It looks about right to me for ROTJ (like a muted brownish red)...?

Incredible Lazerjock ! It looks great, and thank you for confirming this. What do you think of the color!?! It looks about right to me for ROTJ (like a muted brownish red)...?
Yes the color in my opinion is spot on. I held it next to my computer screen to compare with the 501st CRL and it matches to my eye.
It's the Minwax from Lowes called Spice. I have a ton left over. Not sure what to do with it all. I couldn't get a sample can had to buy a quart. Didn't even use 1/10 of it.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back