GCN's "Laser Cut" knees.

GCNgamer128

Sr Hunter
Hello everyone. My CO Damien has a Laser Cutter in his garage... so I paid him a few dollars to take the wizardofflight templates and to punch them in. One failure later, we finally got the scaling correctly! Something funny happened in the file transfer, hah; they needed to be converted to be compatable.

If you look closely in this photo, (top left of photo) you will see a bunch of laser cut pieces, the knees being part of them. I had him cut the pieces for my rocket on the jet pack, you can look at my other thread for that. If you see the pieces for the knee, you'll see that they were at one point flat :D.

At Comic Con, I ended up to lose my digital camera. Boba Fett missed his thigh pouch as he was putting his camera away. So you guys get webcam pictures... they are okay, but you get the point. Since I didn't have a camera, the knees are about 80% completed as I start to put pictures on the site. Once I finally decided to work on the knees, it took about 3 days to get to where I am now, would have been 2 if I didn't run out of Super Glue ;).

Step 1: Politely ask wizardofflight for his knee templates in CAD format.

Step 2: Laser cut the drawings.

Step 3: Boil some water and mould them into the correct shape.

Step 4: Super Glue together all of the parts.

Step 5: Bondo all of the seams.

Step 6: Cut out chunks of wood for the part that houses the darts.

Step 7: Screw them in.

THE PIECES:
Jet%20PackUpdate10.gif

THE KNEES:
KneePad1.gif

KneePad2.gif

KneePad3.gif

KneePad4.gif

KneePad5.gif

KneePad6.gif

KneePad7.gif

KneePad8.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
dude, you could make your own helm in a week like that.
Shutup! ;) I just might make a helmet, hah. I've be a little scared to make the dent though. I was planning on making my own bucket, then cast it in lightweight plastic resin so I can have a bunch of custom buckets :D. My armour is painted ROTJ, and I'm doing an ESB costume, so next I'm going to laser cut some new armour to paint. A helmet might be next ;). I probably should make a helmet, that way I could customize the flair! I love that part of the buckets :)

Andy

Hello everyone. My CO Damien has a Laser Cutter in his garage... so I paid him a few dollars to take the wizardofflight templates and to punch them in. One failure later, we finally got the scaling correctly! Something funny happened in the file transfer, hah; they needed to be converted to be compatable.

If you look closely in this photo, (top left of photo) you will see a bunch of laser cut pieces, the knees being part of them. I had him cut the pieces for my rocket on the jet pack, you can look at my other thread for that. If you see the pieces for the knee, you'll see that they were at one point flat :D.

At Comic Con, I ended up to lose my digital camera. Boba Fett missed his thigh pouch as he was putting his camera away. So you guys get webcam pictures... they are okay, but you get the point. Since I didn't have a camera, the knees are about 80% completed as I start to put pictures on the site. Once I finally decided to work on the knees, it took about 3 days to get to where I am now, would have been 2 if I didn't run out of Super Glue ;).

Step 1: Politely ask wizardofflight for his knee templates in CAD format.

Step 2: Laser cut the drawings.

Step 3: Boil some water and mould them into the correct shape.

Step 4: Super Glue together all of the parts.

Step 5: Bondo all of the seams.

Step 6: Cut out chunks of wood for the part that houses the darts.

Step 7: Screw them in.

THE PIECES:
Jet%20PackUpdate10.gif

THE KNEES:
KneePad1.gif

KneePad2.gif

KneePad3.gif

KneePad4.gif

KneePad5.gif

KneePad6.gif

KneePad7.gif

KneePad8.gif

how do you adjust the metal sheets...bolts, glue or weld them ? it looks realy great. what thickness do you use ? best wishes from germany..dirk

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back