Gauntlet sizing?

MinaFett

Active Hunter
Hi all

I have come across an issue with my gauntlets and I’m pretty sure I am not alone here. My gauntlets are kind of big and uncomfortable. I have smaller arms and small hands.

Has anyone got feedback on gauntlet sizes and any tips on making them more comfortable? I have been searching through build threads but this kind of thing seems to be glossed over.

So far I have tried different padding configurations and materials but they still feel kind of long and restrictive. My current ones are RKD/moncal.

Any thoughts/suggestions gratefully accepted.

Hi all

I have come across an issue with my gauntlets and I’m pretty sure I am not alone here. My gauntlets are kind of big and uncomfortable. I have smaller arms and small hands.

Has anyone got feedback on gauntlet sizes and any tips on making them more comfortable? I have been searching through build threads but this kind of thing seems to be glossed over.

So far I have tried different padding configurations and materials but they still feel kind of long and restrictive. My current ones are RKD/moncal.

Any thoughts/suggestions gratefully accepted.

I have or have had gauntlets from RS, Man of War, Bobamaker and MF’s Fettpride set.

Bobamaker gauntlets are definitely the biggest. Then I’d say RS and Fettpride. Man of War for me were the tightest, but they can be heated up and shaped. I have medium sized forearms and for me the RS and Fettpride are a perfect fit.

For adjusting the fit on most make sure the bottom goes under/inside the top shell. Hinges are not recommended.

Last edited:
It's better address the sizing and fit pre paint , post paint the best you can do is use egg shell foam or similar, top and bottom

I bought them second hand from someone else mostly completed and painted. For sure I’ve learnt the hard way that sometimes buying second hand is not the way to go. :)

I have put Velcro for adjustments and foam. But the length just feels a little off. Kind of a little too long.

I was debating just buying a new set which is why I was trying to get a feel for smaller gauntlets on the market. I am not confident buying another set of RKDs will net a better result.

I bought them second hand from someone else mostly completed and painted. For sure I’ve learnt the hard way that sometimes buying second hand is not the way to go. :)

I have put Velcro for adjustments and foam. But the length just feels a little off. Kind of a little too long.

I was debating just buying a new set which is why I was trying to get a feel for smaller gauntlets on the market. I am not confident buying another set of RKDs will net a better result.
Do you have any pictures ?

I do have some pictures from my last very rough try on. I’ve trimmed the foam a little more since these shots were taken so it’s not as visible. Also more comfortable.

7647A4DC-8E76-40AE-85BE-9A12BD48D750.jpeg556A3A17-9B5B-4C41-BC4A-6D95E7E6772E.jpg17BB2C84-71BA-487B-8DD3-AADFD95B32FD.jpg

Also can’t really see in pictures but I have wide Velcro strips inside. I’ve done it in such a way as one side is almost like a hinge and then I can roll the gauntlet on and adjust the other side.

Hopefully this is the kind of picture you are looking for. I can grab them out of storage and take more/better pictures.

i had a pair done off etsy themoderngeekshop
3d printed - painted and weathered
as i have small wrist and forearms
they fit perfect ( take into count gloves underneath )
mine are clone war style

hope this helps-
5.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back