Floquil Caboose paint color difference?

Artakha

Active Hunter
Okay so I ended up snagging a pair of bottles of Floquil caboose, but the color is slightly different from each other, as is the packaging. I'm wondering if any of you knowledgeable people would know which is older, assuming the color difference is due to age? Also which might be more accurate to use, assuming the color difference would even be noticeable. (was ROTJ the only one to use caboose for the red or were there other helmets that used that color too...)

Here's some pics: the final pic on the right shows the color difference best

P1120179.jpgP1120178.jpgP1120177.jpgP1120176.JPG

OK just so we're clear...caboose is not a confirmed color. Some people like it for the ROTJ helmet but its not like someone had a paintlist from Sandy and its gospel. So whatever you like is what you should go with. If you even like caboose when you see it sprayed. I would take something like a plastic spoon spray it with each and see how it looks.

True, I 100% agree that caboose is not the set in stone color. Just pointing out the presence of a red floquil paint bottle in that vintage photo. I am curious to see some alternative period based swatches. Although, my paint collection is becoming borderline problematic!:lol:

Mine too. The international barrier ain't helping and I've had some stuff stopped by customs so that adds to the challenges. Even so I've managed to score most of the colours I want but the price has been high. IU average £25 to get one bottle of vintage Floquil at the moment; when you consider I'm sitting on 50 odd bottles, and still trying to acquire more, it's costing me a fortune!

The colour I'm really struggling to get is bright silver (I want old silver too). Such a pain in the backside!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back