Flight Suit Help

spyder918

Jr Hunter
Just got my Arkady flight suit. I tried it on and I feel the pouches are bit too low right? I'm wondering if it's because my crotch is too low. I'm comparing it to another person on this forum and it just looks way too low right?

1653604859273.png

1653604879526.png

You can have a seamstress open it at the seam around the midsection and just bring the two “halves” closer together. They’ll need to adjust the zipper, but that’s all pretty straightforward. Leave a seam allowance in case you ever need more adjustments. Just watch the length on the legs — you don’t want to end up with high waters.

But yes to truly get a perfect fit in the vest and flight suit cost me another couple hundred dollars when all was said and done… With garments like these in a costume like this one it’s honestly to be expected unless you’re getting measured multiple times in person during construction.

Ok yeah sheesh gonna probably be expensive to raise the crotch.
If you are comfortable with sewing, you can put the flight suit on inside out and in at the shoulders and take the entire torso up. By pinning the excess in the crotch up and away in the shoulders and then sewing it. I have done this with my own flight suit, the crotch was 3 1/2 inches to low on me and I pinned and sewed the fabric up.

You can have a seamstress open it at the seam around the midsection and just bring the two “halves” closer together. They’ll need to adjust the zipper, but that’s all pretty straightforward. Leave a seam allowance in case you ever need more adjustments. Just watch the length on the legs — you don’t want to end up with high waters.

But yes to truly get a perfect fit in the vest and flight suit cost me another couple hundred dollars when all was said and done… With garments like these in a costume like this one it’s honestly to be expected unless you’re getting measured multiple times in person during construction.
thank you man for the helpful tip! I may have her just move the pouches up too as I don’t want to alter the length of the legs.

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back