Custom Mandalorian first time helmet build

bobawannabe

New Hunter
Ok guys, just printed off the templates for my first attempt at a mando helmet build, will post photos as I go along, really excited about it, not sure on colours etc but any advice on the build as I go along wil be gratefully received and appreciated!

WP_20160303_004.jpg trying templates on card to start with, see how this one turns out and may try something different, my son has persuaded me to make it for him after attending a local digicon in Doncaster,UK and seeing quite a few Star Wars cosplay

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the kind words guys, nervous about starting when you see the fantastic results from everyone else

Your second set of cheeks look a lot better. Keep up the good work!
Thanks Drax, I've lost a bit of definition after papering and glue but going to filler and sand this weekend so hoping to get some back, kept looking at the cheeks thinking they're not right, it was driving me crazy!!

Thanks Drax, I've lost a bit of definition after papering and glue but going to filler and sand this weekend so hoping to get some back, kept looking at the cheeks thinking they're not right, it was driving me crazy!!

Man I know exactly what you mean. Especially when you're working on something and it looks off but you just cant place why it is. That's one of the reasons I didn't want to attempt a scratch build. All the sanding and stuff that could go wrong would drive me insane.

Man I know exactly what you mean. Especially when you're working on something and it looks off but you just cant place why it is. That's one of the reasons I didn't want to attempt a scratch build. All the sanding and stuff that could go wrong would drive me insane.

This one is for my son, I might go for a kit build but he wanted to do it more this way, still learnt quite a bit already and know where I've made mistakes. J suppose that's how we've all started out

Scratch builds just blow me away. If I had the time... Barely sneak in the hours to work on my bucket. Let alone a ground build.

Although I am doing the rest of the build from raw material or stock base items.

Look forward to following!

Sent from my iPhone

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back