first attempt WOF gauntlets

Jamie Fett

New Hunter
Okay

this represents my first attempt. given that I have only a few days left till I'm supposed to wear these!!

This is about three hours work, lots of glue and cardboard. I'm gonna prime paint today. Couldn't start the left gauntlet as I ran out of glue and it was four in the morning.

How sad am I?!?:eek:

DSC00704.jpg

DSC00700.jpg

DSC00697.jpg

Nice work so far. I know you are limited on time, but please don't rush the painting process. If you do, you may have to start all over again, and I'd hate to see that happen. Do you have any of the extra parts for the gauntlets like the darts and switches?

Nice work buddy...
Altho can I suggest that you move the upper section forward till the rear of the hose connector (base) is flush with the end of the upper clam shell?
Looks cool for only 3hrs work... and i know what you mean? CE is way too close :lol: still can't wait...

Thanks for that.

i have darts, but no switches or rockets. To be honest, I'll probably use this as a dry run and then do things properly and take more time.

I did a similar thing with the jet pack, a disaster story which I'll be posting soon.

Bottom line; I've never done anything like this before and I'm sad to say I'm one of those fools who thought this would be dead easy. I will post some threads as a warning to the equally foolhardy! :lol: :eek:

then I'm gonna redeem myself by replacing everything with Bobamaker gear

No shame in trying this for yourself? you never know till you try... Regardless of the outcome.
Can't wait to see the left in progress...

Nice work buddy...
Altho can I suggest that you move the upper section forward till the rear of the hose connector (base) is flush with the end of the upper clam shell?
Looks cool for only 3hrs work... and i know what you mean? CE is way too close :lol: still can't wait...

Ah yes, I see what you mean. :facepalm
Looks like I'm making some more!!
J

What did you use to fix the upper to the clamshell? sorry buddy, but it should be further forward?
See attached pic... (y)
Shouldn't be too hard to fix.

-Gavin-

rightarm.jpg

Thanks again. managed to remove and reposition. applied first coat of primer, and now I can see some lumps and bumps that need sorting. Off to buy some glue now to start the left one..... another long night I fear

DSC00709.jpg

Looking good so far JM....would suggest a bit of sanding prior to final paint? (y) other than that bro, fantastic first attempt at these gauntlets! what colour these bad boys gonna be??

Looking good so far JM....would suggest a bit of sanding prior to final paint? (y) other than that bro, fantastic first attempt at these gauntlets! what colour these bad boys gonna be??

Cheers.

Yeah I'm gonna sand as a priority. Not started the left gauntlet yet, was all set to stay up last night but got dragged on a night out by my family.......... apparently I have one!!:facepalm

And they are gonna be ROTJ

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol:lol:
I know what you mean buddy... seams I have 2 families too...
keep up the good work on the gauntlets and I look forward to seeing the paint job. (y)

okay, tied the family up..... ;) and got on with some painting and started on the left gauntlet.

I did some more sanding after this as I wasn't happy with how lumpy some of the pieces looked

The painting was somewhere between first and second coat depending on how fast it was drying

DSC00713.jpg

DSC00715.jpg

DSC00719.jpg

DSC00714.jpg

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back