FINISHED? Malone Fett ESB conversion and paint up!

Slow progress so far but I started on the all important test strips. I have taken the standard Humbrol green I use and pushed it slightly in two directions: towards blue and towards brown to compare the results one of the test strips is the standard colour, photos taken in natural light... Next will be an image with the various weathering colours added...

This kind of attention is why I'm following this. Boom!

Awesome G. From doing some quick comparisons on my computer screen, I am thinking the bottom (or far left if opened) colour appears the closest representation. I am imagining this is the more blue based hue, and it seems to match very strongly to Art's newer shots of the helmet, which appear darker overall than we had maybe given credit for in the past. Great work champion!

I know you are testing the green but is that humbrol 27 you have in there for the grey?
Yes, Humbrol 27 all the way...
Heres a picture of the test strips with grey and brown weathering added...

image.jpg

Awesome. We're watching a master of the craft at work.
This is going to be the Mona Lisa of fett buckets,
Great to witness- Sir. G

Looks nice!
I'm a bit sad they wanted an ESB though.
There is enough differences in the shape that I still see the PP2. Paint will help that alot though. :)

Looking forward to seeing your new mixes! I definitely pushed towards a more "blue" in the hue department like you had on one of your test strips over brown, as the brown we see in certain areas is definitely from the micro spattering and "gunk" found all over the dome.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back