Finally Some Progess.Eagleskull's "Tank" Mando

Like alot of stuff you work on, it has its pros and cons. Material was not expensive and easy to use/bend with heat but the cuts with Xacto knife were a pain, i know i could have used a dremel but i had better control with a knife in my hands. Its all depends on the style you want is were some problems can occur.

Sounds like a reasonable expectation. After using a dremel to do some modding work on one of my guitars, I've been a big fan. I can see how an Xacto would be preferable, though.

You've been quite helpful to a new guy like myself, thank you. I won't continue to pester you with my newbie questions that are probably answered in some FAQs post I managed to overlook. ;)

Bask in the glory of your custom Tank armor. :cheers

Love your outdoor woodland pics dude, this is look sweeter every time I look. If you were in the UK I would troop with you no problems, Keep the great updates coming......... :)

Nice. I think the first thing I thought of was "First one in, first one shot, last one standing".

And your semi-gauntlets are giving me some ideas.

I have a quick question. My old leg guard that i made were hard to walk in, found out at a cosplay photoshop. So SDCC is coming up quick next week, and i want to mod them but dont have the time with other suits i need to finish. SO the question is I found some shinguards that im going to use for an different costume for DragonCon but thought if i did a quick paintjob Ill be able to wear these as an Alt.
So just now like 10 mins ago I threw on my armor to test fit them, you think they fit the part of my mando?
maybe.jpg

That is so awesome. My mouth dropped when I saw those pictures with the armor all together. Great work! :lol:lol:

I personally think soccer shins look sweet in your costume as the gauntlets. It helps to use your imagination and block out the fact that they're pads. But who cares if they are? This is just too cool :) Plus, that leg armor is cool. I think you should keep it, maybe do a paint job on it though. It looks so...BOUNTY HUNTER!!!!

By the way...is that a super soaker as your gun? They make awesome weapons once they're painted.

I like the chest armor. It's nice to see you went away from the conventional Fett style. Helps to make it a true custom in my mind.
If I could offer 1 pieces of critism without "stepping on your toes" I would think about changing your gauntlets or at least building on top of them. I love your costume but all I see when I look is shin guards on your arms.
Great work though! Very nice.

Great to met you Eagleskull at SDCC. The costume looks really good in person, and it is a nice custom design. One thing I really liked was the "dried blood" on the end of the blaster. It looks like you had whacked a few people with it.

I agree w/ MS' comment below. You can add some greeblies and even toy blaster parts to your gauntlets to dress them up and make them more a part of the overall look.

Nice job!

Thanks for all the Comments (y)
About a year and a half of mistakes till i got it where i like it, for the gauntlets yes, i will end up getting new ones just didnt have time to buy and then work on them. And as for DragonCon ill will be there for my 1st year yay! just dont know if the mando be makeing the trip with me :(
Heres another picture from SDCC, So far 2 of them lol
Thank God for myspace for having this picture of me (y)
dsc05168zs2.jpg

Oh man, you gotta bring the Mando. There's gonna be atleast 15 Mercs in brigade for the parade. I may have to bump up our entrance number as we have so many coming lol, we gotta have our vod from the Burning Mountains region =D

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back