FettPride V3 / SR V1 Rubber Knee Signup

i wonder if you could use some sort of mold with a greater stretch/tear rating (something like rebound vs. oomoo, in smoothon terms...

a brushable mold with a thick jacket or something.

Thats what im usin now stormy. Rebound 25. Once I get the rubber thick (im going for pretty thick :) ill look at if i need a 1 piece or two piece jacket.

The piece is a funny shape, so im thinking ill need to make the jacket a two piece because the dart launcher area. On the other hand, there wont be a seep line on this bad boy.

Im going to finish up the orders im on, then do a run of yellows. Im dreading it, but might as well go all the way:0

ciao
m2

I received a package back from canada, it was helmet interiors. It arrived at my door, even though it said that the senders addres was incorrect. Now, im not sure why. but im going to go find out what the deal is tomorrow. So if your in canada and you havent received your stuff, pm me.

The new mold is done, the glass sleeves are close, they are drying now. If all goes well, ill make a pull tonight of the new knees. And will give info and proceed from there.

Cross your fingers.

Mason

Mason,

I rec'd the rubber knees in the mail yesterday. They are great! I'm glad to have these durable knees and toss my old crummy, frequently repaired sintra pair. I found some resin knee darts I had laying around, so I'll stick with those (change me to no darts). Thanks for all your hard work!

Yvette
(slowly upgrading her old ESB Fett)

Awesome:) and yah. darts are darts unless they are aluminum darts. Then they are better cause they are aluminum.

The molds done, looks really good. Only issue at the time being is the mold needs something to be used as a stand, while I do the molding. Since its got a sleeve, it doesnt just sit on the counter.

Once I get that working, its off to the races.

M2

BAD NEWS! for me. Good news for you all, i spose:)

The brush on mold, with a shell, doesnt work right. It deforms the knees. And Thats not acceptable. So wolfie and fettdad are the last two that didnt get a set.

Im going to redo the $500 mold this week. This means that ill have to re-paint the masters and mount them tomorrow. Silicone this week, pours this weekend.

Im going to finish up the last few pairs of blacks, then move on to special order yellows and oranges. Ill start a new thread for that. So for now, Fettdad and wolfie i pm'd you guys, you have some options. Everyone else should be shipped/intransit/received by tomorrow afternoon.

It will cost me a arm and a leg, but in the end, it will be worth it.

m2

I received my rubber knees and they are truly awesome. Thanks for offering these up for a great cause and for all your work. :cheers

I got home yesterday to a nice little package sitting on the front porch. These things are beautiful! I can't wait to get them painted.

Great to hear everyones happy so far! Once the newmold is done, ill post pics of the new ones. If anyone wants to post pics of what they have once they are painted id love to see them.

The darts are coming, albeit slowly. The mold taking a dump really threw me for a loop. but hopefully the SE Yellows will make it worth it.

Everyone shipped today accept fettdad and wolfie. The rest on the list, ill contact you to see if you still want them as soon as I get the new mold done.

Thanks
M2

I have what looks like two pristine pairs of yellow knees that are un-spoke for.

They are 95 shipped us, 100 outside.

If someone watns the yellow pricey knees, pm me. Otherwise they will go into the 'mike mason has too much **** laying around to make his own boba fett fund'.

Ciao
M2

Just wondering if you've sold these? I sent a PM, but didn't hear back. Thanks.

Sorry brother, yes they sold, But ill have more pairs of them this weekend. Once I pull the last two black, im going to do a run of just yellows. So by early next week the yellow esb or slightly orange ROTJ will be ready.

Sorry brother, yes they sold, But ill have more pairs of them this weekend. Once I pull the last two black, im going to do a run of just yellows. So by early next week the yellow esb or slightly orange ROTJ will be ready.

I definitely want a set, so please don't forget about me. Dart or no dart I want a set.

I intend to have more than enough sets once I finish the mold. Right now the masters are drying (primer) then ill mount them on clay tomorrow night and pour the first half of the mold. 12 hrs later, i break it apart and do the scond half the mold. Then I clean it and start pouring.

Shouldnt be long now:)

m2

I found some other non-cracking paint the other day. :)
It's made by a company called "Createx"
It's an airbrush paint but you can also apply it by using a regular hand brush(which is what I did). So far, no splitting or cracking at all.
That's good news!! The only draw back is the color selction. It looks like I'll be doing a bit of color mixing by hand to get the right shade. The yellow they offer is quite a bit brighter than I would like it to be.
And they also have a "pearlized" silver that makes a great metal look as long as you apply it directly on top of the black rubber.

kneetest001.jpg

I was fortunate enough to get a set of the yellow knees and they are SWEET!! The flexibility and durability are worth every bit of pain Mike had to deal with, and the color is awesome! They are definately the better option when you look long term on a piece of armor that is constantly flexing when walking, bending, etcetera. Great job brother, and the fact that it was done for Chris and Pam adds a little bit more value on them.

Im super sick atm. I have been trying to get this done between praying to the porcelain gods. The first half of the mold is in clay and ready for silicone tonight. Then Tomorrow ill do the second half.

Sorry for the delay. I just havent felt good enough to want to be in a cold garage.

ill update more as soon as I have it.

That's what you get for downing all those pumpkin flavored drinks a couple nights ago :D

Seriously though, hope you feel better.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back