Fettology Aluminum EE-3 Build

You'll be waiting a while... LOL
My wife officially approved the Bob build this week. So I am at VERY early stages of research and ordering. Sooooo much to look at...

Nice Job on your build. I will send you some photos of mine as it comes together. I used a roman props mpp which but yours turned out really nice once you chromed it. Thanks for your help in selling my the rear greeblies.

Nice Job on your build. I will send you some photos of mine as it comes together. I used a roman props mpp which but yours turned out really nice once you chromed it. Thanks for your help in selling my the rear greeblies.
just received my MPP from roman also. Can i ask, did you manage to fit the tube, inside the aluminium EE3?, if so how would you go about doing so.

I'm actually running into the same issue.

I'm going to try sanding down the inside of the barrel to allow the MPP to slide in easier.
Yes I did message Christopher aka fieldmarshal, he said it should fit, as he owns a Roman MPP also, but my guess is Roman’s first batch were a little oversized.

Here is my MPP from Roman. It’s a beautiful piece and I’m thrilled. As far as my EE-3 goes I noticed that the tube fits in the back of the barrel much better than the front. When I looked in the barrel I saw a small lip where the barrel tapers. It’s a super small lip but my plan is to bore out the front until it gets past the lip. Then I’m hoping the MPP tube will slide in with ease. I’ll keep you guys posted as my bit should be in today to make that happen.
9953F939-B4AC-423E-BEAA-25474771E492.jpeg
C1D60520-FEC0-45DE-9B6D-84BE9AF07CDA.jpeg

just received my MPP from roman also. Can i ask, did you manage to fit the tube, inside the aluminium EE3?, if so how would you go about doing so.
On mine, I noticed the same thing. I first tried to dab a little wd40 inside the barrel but noticed that there was too much friction as I attempted to insert the to the correct depth so I ended up cutting the MPP back about 1 1/2 “ filed and sanded the edge and repeated the process.
Here are some photos of my ESB and ROTJ FM kits which I have almost completed. Just need the rear stock greeblies and sling rings.

Attachments

• 52E597A8-B903-4D26-AD13-81238C77D1EF.jpeg
    52E597A8-B903-4D26-AD13-81238C77D1EF.jpeg
    5.2 MB · Views: 194
  • 5CAEFA48-12FC-4028-B98D-331F8E9B1AD6.jpeg
    5CAEFA48-12FC-4028-B98D-331F8E9B1AD6.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 198
On mine, I noticed the same thing. I first tried to dab a little wd40 inside the barrel but noticed that there was too much friction as I attempted to insert the to the correct depth so I ended up cutting the MPP back about 1 1/2 “ filed and sanded the edge and repeated the process.
Here are some photos of my ESB and ROTJ FM kits which I have almost completed. Just need the rear stock greeblies and sling rings.
I’m gonna have to try that out, thanks for the notice. Awesome weathering on those EE-3s, especially the mk1. Could I just add that your scope on the ESB EE-3, should be back to front. Aside from that, you’ve done a fantastic job.

So I got it to work. I ordered a 1.5” drill bit from Lowe’s and was able to bore out the barrel. Once that was done I used a Dremel bit to fine tune the barrel until the MPP tube could slide in but still with a snug fit. I then went back to the drill bit to smooth out any rough spots I may have made inside the barre. The MPP fits nicely and looks amazing. Overall time was maybe 2 hrs taking my time to file things back. I’m super happy overall.
A5274266-A9C4-4E59-9FFE-D43EE18A45D8.jpeg
03A0E884-3D5B-494A-9168-3BA98819DB12.jpeg
F4E775D5-23AD-4E85-84AB-20670F319F00.jpeg
EE88B20B-1F08-4B95-B75B-AAB8FBC12302.jpeg
10174064-5D19-423F-9385-4DA7CFD5E8B0.jpeg
297B331D-EAE5-4D45-B9C4-2EFCE3A6A250.jpeg

I’m gonna have to try that out, thanks for the notice. Awesome weathering on those EE-3s, especially the mk1. Could I just add that your scope on the ESB EE-3, should be back to front. Aside from that, you’ve done a fantastic job.
Thanks for the reminder about the scope on the esb.

So I got it to work. I ordered a 1.5” drill bit from Lowe’s and was able to bore out the barrel. Once that was done I used a Dremel bit to fine tune the barrel until the MPP tube could slide in but still with a snug fit. I then went back to the drill bit to smooth out any rough spots I may have made inside the barre. The MPP fits nicely and looks amazing. Overall time was maybe 2 hrs taking my time to file things back. I’m super happy overall.
Managed to get the Roman MPP to fit the barrel, after hrs of sanding. Now it’s fits like a glove, to extra space for it to move :).

3FB8B678-6FE6-43B2-990E-59DFE3BE63F4.jpeg
1ED32A07-F5CE-4F7E-A71F-DE201C69AE5E.jpeg

I thought it would be fun to document my EE-3 build and share what I’ve done so far. I got an Aluminum EE-3 kit from Airmarshal for Christmas and I have to say it’s nothing but spectacular!!!! A lot of hard work went into these kits and it truly shows. You can find the info here:
FIELDMARSHAL EE3 ALUMINUM CNC PROJECT

I started off by taking a quick photo of the kit before I quickly assembled it. I couldn’t wait any longer.

View attachment 204283
View attachment 204292
View attachment 204293

I had printed an MPP flash tube from Rafalfett’s models to do a test fit. And boy did this thing fit like a glove. I plan on smoothing out the print and painting it up as it’s the closest thing I’ll have to a flash tube for now. My first order of business was to sand the stock a little bit and give it some dings and what not to give it character. I used rocks in my flower bed to achieve organic “dings” and dents but made sure to not go overboard. I then used some walnut wood stain to stain the wood and I love the color it came out to be. After the wood dried I sealed it with a layer of wood sealant. I then distressed it a bit with a few washes of black to get into all the dents and dings I put into the stock.
View attachment 204288
View attachment 204290
I then prepped all the aluminum pieces and painted them using a satin black epoxy paint used in the automotive world. I had done some tests using blueing liquid but didn’t have the results I wanted to try on this project so I went with paint. I didn’t get any shots of the painting process but I made lots of jigs to hold my pieces in the air without touching any areas so I could get full coverage while painting. Once painted I waited a full 24 hrs to let it cure before putting it back together. I used a combination of gun oil and gel WD-40 to lubricate the moving parts as to not scratch the paint over and over.
View attachment 204294
View attachment 204285
I then gathered all my resin parts I’ve made over the past few days and painted them as well. I’m very happy with them and especially the scope as it looks pretty nice in my opinion.
View attachment 204284
I then got to work on the barrel clamps and molex connectors. I dyed the molex connectors black and they turned out very nice. I drilled 2 small holes in each side of the barrel clamps and inserted small pins to support the molex connectors. I drilled corresponding holes in the connectors and glued in the pins to both sides. I’m re-making the clamp top adapter parts as I’m not 100% happy with those. I’ll post photos of the 2.0 versions when they are ready.
View attachment 204289
I then moved along to mounting the greeblies onto the stock and the body. I decided to use 3M mounting tape so that I didn’t have to drill holes into my beautiful new blaster.
View attachment 204287
View attachment 204286
View attachment 204291
I lastly added my “O” rings to my rifle and my leather strap. I still have to do some work but I’m super excited to finish this project.

I still need to get screws for my scope, make new mounting blocks, finish my MPP tube, weathering it and putting it all together. All and all I’m so excited to have a nice heavy and sturdy EE-3. It’s way better feeling than my resin copy. Just feels right.
if you don't mind me asking, where did you find the the two barrel clamps to which the Molex connectors are attached? This are really the only two parts that are giving me problems at the moment. There are two other clamps that are suggested on Amazon but they are unavailable. Please help. jonbonzo_97@yahoo.com

Thanks in advance.

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back