Fennec Shand helmet cardboard templates?

Pip

New Hunter
Hi everyone,
I'm a newbie to this forum and really impressed with all the amazing builds and enthusiasm!
My son has just used an Instructable by Honus plus the Wizard of Flight templates to make a fabulous Boba Fett helmet with Arduino electronics - so much fun!
He'd like to try to build a Fennec Shand helmet for his sister now... Does anyone have cardboard templates for Fennec's helmet?? Any tips appreciated!!
Thanks!

He'd like to try to build a Fennec Shand helmet for his sister now... Does anyone have cardboard templates for Fennec's helmet?? Any tips appreciated!!
The google search keyword you need is pepakura. It’s software that will take 3d files and turn them into paper folding templates. The difficult part is finding 3d files that are low-res, for less paper folding work.

I did a quick google search and found a few digital files on Etsy for ~$5-10. I searched fennec helmet pepakura, fennec helmet pattern, and fennec helmet template. The cheapest one was from WilliamJakespeare.

If you want your helmet to be a more durable, instead of cardboard you can use eva foam. The technique is very similar. You can do it!

The google search keyword you need is pepakura. It’s software that will take 3d files and turn them into paper folding templates. The difficult part is finding 3d files that are low-res, for less paper folding work.

I did a quick google search and found a few digital files on Etsy for ~$5-10. I searched fennec helmet pepakura, fennec helmet pattern, and fennec helmet template. The cheapest one was from WilliamJakespeare.

If you want your helmet to be a more durable, instead of cardboard you can use eva foam. The technique is very similar. You can do it!
Excellent, that's super helpful, thanks!

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back