feedback "the workshop"

If the work is done by sleepalot...aka Mike...I can attest to the quality of the work he does. The boots he did for me are simply outstanding. He got banned from TDH for a tiff he had with another member, but do a search and you will find pictures of his work. He also has a facebook thread.

feedback "the workshop"

He was banned for more than a tiff. I have a buddy who he royally messed over on a deal. And I've heard of more. TDH didn't ban him for something small. I'm not saying his work is bad, his character on the other hand...just FYI

Sent from my iPhone

Last edited by a moderator:
He was banned for more than a tiff. I have a buddy who he royally messed over on a deal. And I've heard of more. TDH didn't ban him for something small. I'm not saying his work is bad, his character on the other hand...just FYI

Sent from my iPhone

I was being politically correct....

Sent from my iPhone
Is this the deal where the items showed up broken and damaged?

I've dealt with Sleepalot directly on the painting of my son's Boba gauntlets and my daughter's Boba helmet and I cannot say enough great things about him. Rarely have I interacted with someone who works as diligently or obsessively as I on props, and he was the exception. He was/has been nothing but a great guy to deal with in my own personal interaction with him very recently.

Is this the deal where the items showed up broken and damaged?

I've dealt with Sleepalot directly on the painting of my son's Boba gauntlets and my daughter's Boba helmet and I cannot say enough great things about him. Rarely have I interacted with someone who works as diligently or obsessively as I on props, and he was the exception. He was/has been nothing but a great guy to deal with in my own personal interaction with him very recently.

No it's not the same deal. I'm not saying ALL his interactions have been bad. But enough of them that I have knowledge about have shown enough flaws in character that I would steer others away. Just my two cents. If I was new I would want to know these things and be warned.

Sent from my iPhone

It's a shame he can't log in to respond when his character is being called into question publicly. There are always two sides to every situation. [emoji53]

It's a shame he can't log in to respond when his character is being called into question publicly. There are always two sides to every situation. [emoji53]

Im not sure there is another side for trying to scam someone labeling a helmet a "Malone Fett" which was clearly not. Which the motive was attempting to cash in on the name and taking advantage of someone. This was done on eBay and not in front of the more educated TDH eyes.

Not really another story to taking over $1000 of someone's money for commission work with the agreement to have everything done before C7, then leaving them high and dry and scrambling because he wanted to do work for someone else that popped up.

feedback "the workshop"

Not sure how dragging other prop askers names into it help this thread.

Anyway I'm sure others have had decent dealing with him. But when someone intentionally attempts to fraud someone I have a huge issue with that. We only have our integrity online or business transactions to identify us.

This thread was asking about "the workshop" and feedback. I've said my two cents. The newer fett or others can take it for what's it's worth.

Sent from my iPhone

The problem with censorship is the genuinity of the situation/incident becomes one-sided from that point forward, with the remaining side more often than not making a very convincing one-sided argument in the absence of opposition. It's kind of sad when you really think about the number of good people this site has lost possibly due to one-sidedness, misunderstanding, or even plain and simple vindictiveness. I hope Sleepalot has the opportunity to respond to the picture you've painted of him if his ban is temporary...which I can only hope it is.

Ban is permanent. I didn't paint any picture for someone to wonder about. I stated facts. I'm black and white. I'd be all about him defending this, however he caused himself to be banned. Not anyone else.

Sent from my iPhone

I am so sorry to hear about the ban being permanent.
Well if that's the case then I would think it's important for people to know that, yes, nearly over 3 years ago Sleepalot erroneously posted a helmet for sale on ebay that after speaking with Chris (aka Fettpride) about its origins realized his labeling mistake and ended the auction resulting in no one being "scammed".

And in regards to taking the commission work, members should probably be made aware of the facts that Sleepalot fully refunded that member's money after realizing he couldn't meet the agreed deadline, helped to scramble and find another painter, and even paid for shipping out of his pocket to get the parts to AFFo$ asap so that he could finish the work to meet the deadline. And according to the pics, everything seems to have worked out fine and the member's suit looked amazing just in time for C7.

So if that's the case, then it's unfortunate if false accusations compounded into Sleepalot being banned, along with being disgruntled about receiving damaged items from another member and realizing to late to allow PayPal to resolve the issue.

I don't know man, just doesn't seem fair.
I hope TDH members will continue to seek him (Sleepalot) out via Facebook because I really do believe this community was enhanced with his presence, especially his helpful painting and comparison threads.

How about everyone just move on. Like cruzer said, there are 2 side to the story. I have been in contact with Mike and he isn't too upset about the ban. Sometimes speaking your mind in the open can have unintended consequences, things like this are better to be contained in pms.
And for the MF thing, he did realize that it was not what he thought it was and made it clear that it was his mistake.
Since his ban is permanent, no one will really know the issues that led to it so how about everyone just move on.

Unfortunately your take on those both incidents are inaccurate.

Sent from my iPhone

I've had work done by 22split and Sleepalot, both have done exceptional work for me at a reasonable price. In regards to the ban, the reason stated was "trolling" not scamming members. 22split you know I am a reasonable guy having worked with me in the past, I even sent a note to Fett 4 Real asking that he not make the ban permanent. There was a lot of good Sleepalot did for the community here, and frankly his banning is a tremendous loss for this site. I read a lot of his posts he made here, and saw far worse flare ups between MLS and Woodman (both excellent people btw) than what he posted so far. I do respect your passion for this stuff and hold your opinion in high regard, but please understand that we actually do know more than you think we do.

With Regards

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back