Exploring the inside of the Rangefinder (possible found part alert!)

im sorry this is a little late but is it possible to get a block of plexi and cut it (cause i made a 3d file of the rangefinder custom to the size of my helm) and still maintain that foggy clear aspect of the piece. im sorry if this seems like a stupid question but i dont have much experiance with plexi. if so how would one do this?? and where would i ge ahold of a block of plexi to cut?

im sorry this is a little late but is it possible to get a block of plexi and cut it (cause i made a 3d file of the rangefinder custom to the size of my helm) and still maintain that foggy clear aspect of the piece. im sorry if this seems like a stupid question but i dont have much experiance with plexi. if so how would one do this?? and where would i ge ahold of a block of plexi to cut?

PM terminal fettler as he does parts for the rangefinder. Go here and here for more info.

I second what Raf says. Garrett (terminal fettler) makes probably the best rf topper available. I have one and its a thing of beauty, you can just barely see any seems on it and everything fits together like a glove.

- - - Updated - - -

And like Raf say about the lighting of the Perspex, they used incandescent light bulbs. Fiber optics would fit but light it correctly, and I haven't seen an LED that would work because the light source has to be in the middle of the Perspex piece. And since the lights are underpowered (the correct grain of wheat bulbs are 12v dc), they are less bright than an LED or fiber optic would be.

I have a post in the cargo hold that shows the kit I sell for the terminal fettler rf topper with the correct GOW bulbs. The post also has a few videos showing the kit installed and lighting up my ESB TF topper.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back