Ethics or The Cost of Doing Business???

Proud of ya Fitz for stepping up and rectifying the situation. I personaly met Fitz at Celebration IV, and even met his brother and Mom! Fitz is an upstanding guy and is a true hobbyists at heart.

Last edited by a moderator:
aye agreed abt the amicable way this was resolved.

Boomer - I feel for u brother. Only 'know' via the boards, but u seem liek a decent bloke (your wife on the other hand is amazing!!? I can only say my wife sighs and rolls her eyes at me and my prop family rofl)

Darkesword - kudos on steppin up man. not often seen in a young man of 18 :D gd on yer. Recognise ur name from here, FISD and over on 405th (I'll forgive u on that one mate ;P) and u've been always ok in my book. Think we can write this off as the fault of youth. ALthough the way it was resolved was certainly very matured. Just remember that us old foggies still tend to have a little old world sensibilities even via the short and curt messaging cultutre that is emailing/pm'ing.

Payment recieved. As for the PSP, if you want to ship it that is totally up to you. I ask for nothing else but if your conscience is says to send it then you can. I am forthright and up front with everything and everyone. You only live once and you can only lose your word once. Regaining the trust of others is a far cry harder than losing it. If the mods want to close this then I say fine. If they want to leave it open as a learning lesson (good and bad) then I say kudos to them. In this we all have lost.

i think any vendor, buyer, trader, etc, can learn from this...i really didnt see it turning out like it did with all OTHER mishaps, robberies, decietfulness occuring as of late...i am very proud of DarkSword for stepping up and trying to make this right...it shows alot of character, but you will have to work twice as hard to gain trust back than the first time you had that trust...i am also glad the Boomer had the guts to step up and call him out on it as well...it goes to show that those with an honest heart will rectify the situation, not just give empty promises and then drop off the face of the earth like those that dont care what happens to their reputation or someone else...kudos to you fellas, glad to see one go down on a positive note!! :cheers

i think any vendor, buyer, trader, etc, can learn from this...i really didnt see it turning out like it did with all OTHER mishaps, robberies, decietfulness occuring as of late...i am very proud of DarkSword for stepping up and trying to make this right...it shows alot of character, but you will have to work twice as hard to gain trust back than the first time you had that trust...i am also glad the Boomer had the guts to step up and call him out on it as well...it goes to show that those with an honest heart will rectify the situation, not just give empty promises and then drop off the face of the earth like those that dont care what happens to their reputation or someone else...kudos to you fellas, glad to see one go down on a positive note!! :cheers

And that's the way it should be. I intend to make good on my promise and send him the psp, I'm going to do it Wednesday, after Tuesday's inauguration.

Fitz, thank you for doing the right thing and cleaning up the mess. However, I'm not locking the thread as I still see that you're intending to send him the PSP.

on the TDH i feel that we are all family and yes even in the closest and tightest of families there can be squables and fights but as Boomer said,"you only live once.." so yes what happened is unfortunate and painful too both parties as both have experianced loss but as we are a family we should overcome and move on thru these problems, as the family we are.

Fitz: regain your honor brother
Boomer: past transgressions must stay in the past,though take the experiance with you into the future.

note: im only 17 and still kinda new to the world and these are just my thoughts,so if any of what i said sounds...idk not applicable to RL then please forgive my in experiance

i'm glad you guys are working on resolving this. in the future though, to both of you, have every detail clear before shipping. If it's a lack of honesty after that, then that sucks, but don't ship if the other person doesn't have a tracking number etc. etc.

Nice to see someone do the honorable thing, step up and admit they were wrong and then ACTUALLY make it right. So many times people say they are going to do this and that and then never do it. A good lesson to learn at 18.

Hey Fitz,,It's Tim your fellow GT member,,just reading all this your alright bro,,but just to let you know,,if you are going to ShevaCon I must tell you,,you will be getting Tazed for this little stress you put on me for a sec.,,just kidding,,good for you bro,,ohh and Boomer want a pic of a "Shocktrooper" I might be able to get you 1 from ShevaCon,,hee hee

Tim

I feel that it's right to be upset about what happened. It's right that someone stepped up and owned up to the issue and has made recompense. It's right to forgive and move on as well.

We all go askew of center sometimes and it's good to see someone be man enough to admit fault while setting things right.

You can't go back but you can move forward with respect. And while no one is perfect, occasionally people shock you and admit it.

Let's all gather around my beer meister and drink until it doesn't matter. :cheers

I feel that it's right to be upset about what happened. It's right that someone stepped up and owned up to the issue and has made recompense. It's right to forgive and move on as well.

We all go askew of center sometimes and it's good to see someone be man enough to admit fault while setting things right.

You can't go back but you can move forward with respect. And while no one is perfect, occasionally people shock you and admit it.

Let's all gather around my beer meister and drink until it doesn't matter. :cheers
He means those that are 21....right?:cheers

He means those that are 21....right?:cheers

Aww darn, you mean I can't have a beer too? :) :lol:

Thanks guys, for the general goodwill and support to both me and Boomer for a satisfied result on both sides of the page.

Thanks for pushing me to do the right thing, and thanks for appreciating the way we both handled it. I was in the wrong, and this is a mistake that I learned from, and it won't happen again.
Thank you everyone.

This is good news. I had a recent incident as well and I am supposedly getting a refund and the member has been apologetic and cooperative. One of the major reasons I like this community is for the ethics involving good product and business. Fett is a super expensive hobby and if you want quality you should expect to pay a few bucks and vice versa...
:cheers

I sent Ivan the tracking number through pm, and dropped off the psp today at the UPS location (store) just before they closed. They'll be shipping it tommorow with the first ground truck that leaves, and the tracking information will become active once it goes in that truck.

Boomer, good on ya mate. Pity it takes the forums to get the end results. Fitz good on ya too.

But I think issues such as this should be dealt with on the forums and not pm's as it gives the rest of us a friendly heads up as to who we may be dealing with. From what I've seen so far TDH is a great place with great people.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back