ESB FPH2 paintup

Been a little slow with the updates on this, been busy with work but I've managed to get some work done on this back panel. I still haven't finished this side and got a lot of fine detail to clean up but felt like sharing. I also ruined that top left corner of the rim by trying to paint a matt coat over it to seal it, but I don't know if the paint was bad or what. I had just bought it new but it left a frosted look that looked terrible. I tried to wipe it off before it dried but the damage was done, so I will have to repaint that area. in the future, I think Im going to go with a satin finish.
mC2hbWR.jpg

Archive-X 1975 Light Green came in and I couldn't wait to finish the back panels before I used it. Its a very odd color of green to me, being that it looks like it changes color dramatically depending on the lighting.
RRRzttB.jpg

2nMNWbe.jpg

YiAkVlF.jpg

Aq1BF4o.jpg

gpqcKbp.jpg

Also started to hand-paint the black on the upper cheeks.

Been a really long time but decided to start fresh on this helmet. It has been sitting incomplete for the last few years and I felt like a full restart was in order. This is my current progress. Knocked out that big scrape on that back right panel while watching some LotR. I am using Archive-X acrylics now and I am loving them compared to working with enamels.

A little update for tonight. Finished all the damage. Gonna get up tomorrow and hit it with a layer of clearcoat to protect it before I mask and lay down the dark green layer. Still need to tweak some of the shapes and clean up some things but I will see where I stand after that last layer.

Also, I hope the way I post my photos through imgr is okay. it's been a while since I've posted on forums and don't remember the proper way lol

Got my red layer down late last night. That caboose red was giving me a little trouble in terms of how much thinner I was adding at first, but I got it fixed and it came out great.

Attachments

• aLV4t1V.jpg
    aLV4t1V.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 68
  • QXkPIwO.jpg
    QXkPIwO.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 69
Slowly chipping away at the mandible and cheek areas. I think I got the hardest section of it out of the way lol. Still have some work to do on that black upper cheek panel. The borden isnt permanently fixed in place yet either. I will wait to weather that before I putty it.
z5d4ImJ.jpg

This thread is more than 11 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back