ESB Boba WIP - Sintra Armor, Painting, Scratch building

First off... Really nice work especially on the chest plates. I was sceptical regarding self-formed armor, but you did those pieces well!
(I know what I speak off... my chest plates are self-formed and I am not entirely happy with them)

Regarding the gauntlets... where did you get them from?

First off... Really nice work especially on the chest plates. I was sceptical regarding self-formed armor, but you did those pieces well!
(I know what I speak off... my chest plates are self-formed and I am not entirely happy with them)

Regarding the gauntlets... where did you get them from?

Thank you :) The gauntlets are from ManOfWar so i am kind of shocked of the quality. As far as i know the pieces are supposed to be smooth so this is going to be so much work getting them to where they need to be that i am almost considering shipping them back and asking for a refund!

Thank you :) The gauntlets are from ManOfWar so i am kind of shocked of the quality. As far as i know the pieces are supposed to be smooth so this is going to be so much work getting them to where they need to be that i am almost considering shipping them back and asking for a refund!
I have not had any experience with that vendor. How much did you pay for them? If they are a steal and accurate enough with you fixing the problem areas, then that might warrant hanging on to them. I'd be really disappointed in that level of finish myself however.

I have not had any experience with that vendor. How much did you pay for them? If they are a steal and accurate enough with you fixing the problem areas, then that might warrant hanging on to them. I'd be really disappointed in that level of finish myself however.

200$, everyone speaks highly of them so i had no worries but yeah the finish of the item is terrible and just horribly cast judging by the bubbles. Sad.

don’t know what is going on with MOW they haven’t restocked items for ages and almost everything is on sale. I have gloves and a girth belt from them and really happy with those items so this was quite a shock :(

200$, everyone speaks highly of them so i had no worries but yeah the finish of the item is terrible and just horribly cast judging by the bubbles. Sad.

don’t know what is going on with MOW they haven’t restocked items for ages and almost everything is on sale. I have gloves and a girth belt from them and really happy with those items so this was quite a shock :(
Hm... 200 bucks IS significantly cheaper then the options I have in mind but still...

I always habe BobaMaker in mind as a benchmark, but that is partially because I am in Europe. I dont know where you are at.

Edit: Ha! Iceland. That might even work out!

1594214383372.png

Hm... 200 bucks IS significantly cheaper then the options I have in mind but still...

I always habe BobaMaker in mind as a benchmark, but that is partially because I am in Europe. I dont know where you are at.

Edit: Ha! Iceland. That might even work out!

View attachment 193717

haha yeah Boba maker is quite expensive! 200$ is a good deal still i would have liked to know the quality prior to purchasing. I would have looked elsewhere if i had known. It looks a million times better on the website and the text makes you believe it’s only going to require assembly and painting.

haha yeah Boba maker is quite expensive! 200$ is a good deal still i would have liked to know the quality prior to purchasing. I would have looked elsewhere if i had known. It looks a million times better on the website and the text makes you believe it’s only going to require assembly and painting.
WastedFett has his listed for 300, MinuteFett for around 250.

I do not know if MoW gaunts were always this way, but they shouldn't be. This quality is unacceptable if not advertised, even if they're on sale.

exactly that’s what i thought.

here is how the pieces align out of the box

ADD40337-7351-4CDA-BBC7-FE8B041E77D0.jpeg

33A242E4-76BE-49D0-831A-FB725B31692E.jpeg

the calculator piece doesn’t fit either, i will need to dremel a little off the gauntlets to get it to fit.

082F3804-919B-477F-B3FD-FCE9015A5C12.jpeg

Yeah awesome. But then again i have never bought gauntlets before, maybe the leather like texture is supposed to be there i have no clue. But this is still going to require some finishing and heatforming to get right.
I have not bought them either but those textures are not supposed to be there.

I have not bought them either but those textures are not supposed to be there.

Damn this is so demotivating, i was thinking i would prime them tonight and paint them tomorrow but it looks like i have to spent the rest of the week getting them prepped for priming.

This week my soft parts also got cancelled, i ordered from KryptonTop on etsy he kept delaying my order and then ended up refunding me so there is a whole month and a half wasted waiting for soft parts.

Damn this is so demotivating, i was thinking i would prime them tonight and paint them tomorrow but it looks like i have to spent the rest of the week getting them prepped for priming.

This week my soft parts also got cancelled, i ordered from KryptonTop on etsy he kept delaying my order and then ended up refunding me so there is a whole month and a half wasted waiting for soft parts.
Hang in there! You are either going to make those great or you are going to find another pair. It is said that Boba ist one of the hardest costumes. When you get this done you can be so proud.

Well the helmet is nearing completion again! Finished all the topical painting on the left side of the dome and the back, just the tar spot on the right side of the dome left along with the airbrushed weathering in the dent, then clear coat and finished!

1609E3F6-82DF-4771-883D-540A8EF93205.jpeg

I also bought a dremel and dremeled out the pour spouts on the gauntlets and fixed the alignment issues, next up filling and sanding.

4C5E8F14-730B-4395-BD9F-F123FF5C3193.jpeg

3C4614B7-DE59-4C15-B030-FD758F5DCFB9.jpeg

Let me say first off you are doing an amazing job on this build. You’ve fixed several issues and kept on going. And about those MOW gauntlets. I owned a pair and they were almost flawless smooth , and lined up perfectly. I can’t imagine how those got sent in that condition. But your fix on them is brilliant , they don’t even look like the first few pictures. Nicely done. And I have one question about your Sinatra is that 6 mm?

Let me say first off you are doing an amazing job on this build. You’ve fixed several issues and kept on going. And about those MOW gauntlets. I owned a pair and they were almost flawless smooth , and lined up perfectly. I can’t imagine how those got sent in that condition. But your fix on them is brilliant , they don’t even look like the first few pictures. Nicely done. And I have one question about your Sinatra is that 6 mm?

Thank you very much! Appreciate it :) Yeah it sucks with the gauntlets, Christian at MOW offered to send me new castings from new molds soon but i would have to pay shipping + tolls so in the end i would be paying 450$ for the two pairs of gauntlets and one of them would be useless so i declined. He was not willing to compensate me for the disappointment in any other way which is a bummer.

The sintra is 5mm :)

The alignment on the gauntlets seems to be an issue with the MOW gauntlets. Mine wasn’t as bad as yours.
D9A2ABDD-B831-421B-AA59-361BFFC98E9A.jpeg
The pour spouts needed to be cut out for mine too. That texture is a lot rougher than it is supposed to be though.

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back