ESB Boba Fett Build!!!

So I just repainted my dome sliver because of how badly I f***ed up the paint. Anyways silver is down and so is some testors grey. I masked off with some masking fluid and graphite paper. Does anyone have any suggestions on cleaning up graphite marks? I used some wax free reverse tracing paper and it never left a mark.
Please help me out because i dont want to fix anymore paint jobs
How do I wipe away graphite tracing paper lines?
I'm learning as I go here
fullsizeoutput_364.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_360.jpeg

Once the paint is dry....like really dry and completely cured what works for me is a little spit shine lol I lick the tip of my thumb and rub it out if it doesn't get rid of it try rubbing in a different direction also using a super duper fine steel wool will get them out too but don't rub it with the steel wool too hard or the under layers will show through

Using the steel wool also blends the layers in as well and makes your paint up look sharp and not too choppy I guess I can say lol

And same with the steel wool wait until the paint is completely cured and dry or the steel wool will make a flat paint a satin/glossy paint you don't want that I've learned this through experience lol

Sent from my iPhone

Once the paint is dry....like really dry and completely cured what works for me is a little spit shine lol I lick the tip of my thumb and rub it out if it doesn't get rid of it try rubbing in a different direction also using a super duper fine steel wool will get them out too but don't rub it with the steel wool too hard or the under layers will show through

Using the steel wool also blends the layers in as well and makes your paint up look sharp and not too choppy I guess I can say lol

And same with the steel wool wait until the paint is completely cured and dry or the steel wool will make a flat paint a satin/glossy paint you don't want that I've learned this through experience lol

Sent from my iPhone

Haha. Spit shine? Well alright. I'll give a shot tomorrow when it cures over night. I'll let you know how it goes.

Sent from my iPhone

Sent from my iPhone

Remind not to touch your bucket. Lol

Sent from my iPhone

Like I said this is a learning curve. I have made mulitple mistakes and decided to come at this thing from 20 different angles and techniques. I have used everyones advice and have used it to my best ability but I am a rookie. The other night in a rage I took some easy off oven cleaners and stripped her now and primered her back up. I decided to commit to one panel at a time and took my time to the point where I almost became bored taping and masking off everything.
fullsizeoutput_36d.jpegfullsizeoutput_371.jpegfullsizeoutput_375.jpeg
Lesson learned. Take your time and everytime you stencil or mask off everything. Check twice!! heck check 20x. Its far from done but its a start.
fullsizeoutput_379.jpegfullsizeoutput_37d.jpeg
It might look like crap now but I am proud and everything it topical now.
Keep you advice and support coming! Let me know what you all think.

There is always a learning curve. Just keep after it and don't give up.

Remember, part of the fun of this hobby is the building and painting of the kit, so just count your blessings that you are getting the chance to paint this thing even if you do it 17 times over and over just to get it right.

So I am having a big problem here. I am starting my kill stripes and have probably used what seems like 10 layers of yellow 154. And it still seems see through. Does anyone else have this issue? I have mixed properly but when it comes out on the helmet its like a clear water mist. When i test it on a paper towel its a deep yellow. I am so lost here.

So I am having a big problem here. I am starting my kill stripes and have probably used what seems like 10 layers of yellow 154. And it still seems see through. Does anyone else have this issue? I have mixed properly but when it comes out on the helmet its like a clear water mist. When i test it on a paper towel its a deep yellow. I am so lost here.

Perhaps a little too much thinner in the mix?

Sent from my iPhone

I had this same issue with using yellow on an ESB jetpack. Never could figure it out. I thought maybe I just got a bad tin. I weathered those areas though, so it covered up the unevenness. Good luck!

I had the same issues with the yellow for my killstripes. It was the only Humbrol color I had issues with. It was thinner than all the others and kind of transparent. I just sprayed a bunch on and it looks fine, especially after the dullcoat and weathering.

I can imagine that using white (eventually mixed with a little bit yellow) first and let it dry before using the yellow will make it easier for the yellow to cover. Its hard for yellow to prevent the dark green of the helmet not to see trough...

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Yellow, imho, is the worst color to airbrush with. Use minimal amounts of thinner if needed at all because by nature it's a very runny paint and becomes rubbery as it dries. I use acrylics and haven't found one that is really really opaque. This is ok however, keep in mind that for the first half of the stripes there should be a bit of transparency to the yellow which you can see in close up reference pictures of the helmet on display. So it's important not to do too many coats. It isn't until you've started to blend the orange color on the back half of the stripes that you should loose that transparency.

Yellow, imho, is the worst color to airbrush with. Use minimal amounts of thinner if needed at all because by nature it's a very runny paint and becomes rubbery as it dries. I use acrylics and haven't found one that is really really opaque. This is ok however, keep in mind that for the first half of the stripes there should be a bit of transparency to the yellow which you can see in close up reference pictures of the helmet on display. So it's important not to do too many coats. It isn't until you've started to blend the orange color on the back half of the stripes that you should loose that transparency.

Thats a cool point! Never thoughtvabout that! I will have to look after it...

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back