eFx's Mandalorian Helmet

It cannot be overstated how unacceptable this is! This should never have passed QC before leaving. It's not like this is Nike pounding out shoes by the zillion. This must be done better and I hope you receive a replacement!!!
Shawn

Here's a top view of the EFX helmet. Someone please tell me this was intentional, it looks like a fourth grader tried making straight lines...

View attachment 192947

Man I'm getting nervous seeing these crooked mandibles and wonky helmet lines.... I hope EFX either refunds you both or sends a replacement. Definitely keep us posted. craigjohn jwieczorek

I received a return shipping label from EFX last Friday evening. I just dropped the helmet off to ship back to EFX about 15 minutes ago.

I asked Bryon to personally pick me out a good copy. We'll see how it goes. ;)

...Will let you know how this turns out.

I think it is good to know that on this site you can receive good feedback... especially when it comes to the details on items received from other businesses. Hold the company to a high standard... it should keep their quality assurance department on their toes.

I received a return shipping label from EFX last Friday evening. I just dropped the helmet off to ship back to EFX about 15 minutes ago.

Dang, should have had you ask about picking out a good copy of the Scout Biker bucket that I, along with untold numbers of others, have been waiting for since the Blockbuster was still a thing!

Shawn

I don't really understand how they are going to send you a new one when they are sold out. Doesn't that mean they're just going to pass off your original helmet on someone else?

according to the email, they noted they are sold out, but they have replacement units.

I don't know what that means. It's possible they can also remove the visor, adjust the mandibles, and re-attach the visor.

Well...IT finally arrived...and it did not disappoint. I am thoroughly impressed with EFX on this one. All lines are straight, very clean cast, not too much weathering, etc... I was so nervous opening up the box because of some of the early reviews, but, nervousness quickly faded to sheer happiness once it saw the light of day. Kudos EFX on hitting it out the park. #090 of 750. This is even under very crappy lighting at my office with my phone. I'll post some better pics later on once I get out my Canon 80D.
IMG_2011.jpg

IMG_2012.jpg

IMG_2034.jpg

If you want to see orange peel, look at some of the anovos helmets. I haven't seen any orange peel on any of the EFX helmets posted online at all. It looks like a much thinner paint than whatever anovos is using and than alumaluster. I think its just the weathering being applied with a sponge or something porous thats making you think its orange peel.

If you want to see orange peel, look at some of the anovos helmets. I haven't seen any orange peel on any of the EFX helmets posted online at all. It looks like a much thinner paint than whatever anovos is using and than alumaluster. I think its just the weathering being applied with a sponge or something porous thats making you think its orange peel.
Hmm, your probably right. Yeah, the anovos helmet paint job definitely leaves a lot to be desired.

I received my EFX yesterday, and popped off some quick pics (also posted on the RPF, the Prop Den, FB Cargo Hold, FB SW Helmet Hunters, FB Master Replicas group).

Photos with the bounce card. Give this thing some light, and it looks beautiful. Put it in a room without a good direct light source, and it looks kinda....dark. I'd love to see what the actual helmet would like compared to this EFX paint job.

Nikon D750 with the Zeiss 100mm f/2 Makro Planar.

View attachment 192661View attachment 192662View attachment 192663View attachment 192664View attachment 192665View attachment 192666View attachment 192667View attachment 192668View attachment 192669View attachment 192670

******Photos without a bounce card - and the last one is my photo set up if you're interested.*******

View attachment 192671View attachment 192672View attachment 192673View attachment 192674

*****This was my little studio set-up - need the bounce card to kick some light to the right side of the helmet. *****

View attachment 192675

****couple of outdoor pics - first one in shade, the second in direct sunlight *****

View attachment 192676View attachment 192677
Beautiful photos man.

Yeah, it looks like it has some real "orange peel" in areas.

Orange peel like this? From the D23 Hero?
Lots of folks seem to forget that the flawless Alumiluster versions are nothing more than interpretations by fans trying to make perfection out of a helmet that is everything but perfection. It was supposedly "forged" to it's shape, not 5 axis machined. It was most likely peened with a hammer to the finish it has (if sticking to the methods used on the show). While the Alumiluster candy coated versions are nice, they do not depict the battles, hardships and travels of the show helmet. I have seen some VERY beautiful fan versions with no orange peel, Alumiluster paint, glossy, etc...but while are extremely nice, they not accurate to the show at all. Hell, I wouldn't mind even owning one TBH...just owning it for what it is, not what it is supposed to be.
1593753152299.png

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back