58AC94FF-7E3B-4DA0-ADA8-976A639AEBF0.jpeg
    4.9 MB · Views: 443
  • 88F8954B-AD8E-49B7-AB7E-D204A7A2D1AD.jpeg
    88F8954B-AD8E-49B7-AB7E-D204A7A2D1AD.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 441
  • D8FA822D-973C-4063-817D-95C96522AEA7.jpeg
    D8FA822D-973C-4063-817D-95C96522AEA7.jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 425
Yes that's what I meant. That the shipping will be delayed due to the virus.
Not that the virus will spread through the helmets.
I have given up the thought that Anovos will answer my emails more or less.
It's obvious that there is no customer support what-so-ever.

Yes that's what I meant. That the shipping will be delayed due to the virus.
Not that the virus will spread through the helmets.
I have given up the thought that Anovos will answer my emails more or less.
It's obvious that there is no customer support what-so-ever.
PEOPLE ship the helmets, and China has told most places to stay home. These toys are NOT worth peoples health potentially being at risk.

Of course Fett 4 Real.
I don't mind waiting for the EFX Mando helmets.
I just pointed out that due to the virus the shipping will be delayed.
Peoples health is prio 1 without a doubt.

The ANOVOS issue Im having is a completely different story.

The Anovos helmet is terrible to photograph just like Boba Fett's helmet. BUT when we compare the Anovos to the D23 helmet it's pretty clear that the Anovos is the MOST accurate available RIGHT now. Both the Anovos and eFX look very similar but for an example the eFX helmet doesn't have decals the black on the ears are painted on.

The Anovos ears minus the decals LOOK like the one on display at D23. We do know there were multiple helmets used on set but Anovos is the best available especially since the eFx sold out.

Attachments

• IMG_5864.jpeg
    IMG_5864.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 328
  • IMG_5861.jpeg
    IMG_5861.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 329
Last edited:
I'd like to see a photo of the Anovos, eFX, MinuteFett and D23 helmets all taken from the exact same angle. I've laid several over the D23 photos and they're all slightly different angles - which makes the D23 helmet appear wider than the other 3 which all appear narrower when placed over the D23 helmet.

Attachments

• TheMandalorianHelmetComparison.jpg
    TheMandalorianHelmetComparison.jpg
    8.5 MB · Views: 316
  • D23.jpg
    D23.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 325
  • AnovosOverD23.jpg
    AnovosOverD23.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 280
I'd like to see a photo of the Anovos, eFX, MinuteFett and D23 helmets all taken from the exact same angle. I've laid several over the D23 photos and they're all slightly different angles - which makes the D23 helmet appear wider than the other 3 which all appear narrower when placed over the D23 helmet.
Distance and angle from the helmet will change the perspective, Even if you take the picture from straight on youll have distortion

EFX is directly from the Legacy masters. Anovos is scanned from a hero helmet.
Scanning and printing tech has gotten insane, but there is still clean up and post processing involved. EFX is exact, Anovos is close.

Last edited:
I figured - do you think they're all the same measurements and it's just the perspective that makes them appear slightly different?

As you get closer to a helmet with the camera the frontal features appear to be larger in proportion to the overall helmet. Making the helmet seem smaller as you move closer. When you photograph for comparison sake you need to try to replicate the distance between the camera lens and helmet of the original photograph. This is obviously kind of difficult.

What is a Legacy master?

A master is the original from which copies are made. Legacy is the FX shop that made the original helmets. Legacy made the original pattern, (likely an SLA or SLS print) and would have made a master mold of it. From that master mold, you would produce a master copy. Something more durable than the original print, that production (or copy) molds can be made from.

In other words, EFX and Legacy helmets both originate from the same masters. The sculpture you see in the show is exactly what EFX will be delivering.

A master is the original from which copies are made. Legacy is the FX shop that made the original helmets. Legacy made the original pattern, (likely an SLA or SLS print) and would have made a master mold of it. From that master mold, you would produce a master copy. Something more durable than the original print, that production (or copy) molds can be made from.

In other words, EFX and Legacy helmets both originate from the same masters. The sculpture you see in the show is exactly what EFX will be delivering.

That's awesome info! Thanks for sharing.

Now, see, you say that. But look at the price differences. EFX is $699, made in China. The ANOVOS helmet is $649 made in Texas. Tell me again how China is cheaper for this piece?? And the shipping of the EFX for me was $122 whereas the ANOVOS was $64 and change.

China comes with a lot of issues. Manufacturing defects in shops that have little quality oversight, bad customer service, major flaws (biker scout anyone?), delayed manufacturing (constantly), and substandard materials on some pieces (they have model issues with the x-wing wings drooping and their falcon has major paint adhesion problems).

Trust me, I sure as hell ain’t sticking up for ANOVOS, but when it comes to limited edition pieces, having them made in the states becomes a much cheaper option nowadays.

Now, see, you say that. But look at the price differences. EFX is $699, made in China. The ANOVOS helmet is $649 made in Texas. Tell me again how China is cheaper for this piece?? And the shipping of the EFX for me was $122 whereas the ANOVOS was $64 and change.

China comes with a lot of issues. Manufacturing defects in shops that have little quality oversight, bad customer service, major flaws (biker scout anyone?), delayed manufacturing (constantly), and substandard materials on some pieces (they have model issues with the x-wing wings drooping and their falcon has major paint adhesion problems).

Trust me, I sure as hell ain’t sticking up for ANOVOS, but when it comes to limited edition pieces, having them made in the states becomes a much cheaper option nowadays.
And I’d MUCH rather spend a few more bucks keeping American artisans employed. That should be motivation enough.

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back