eFX PCR Boba Fett Helmet

I got my shipping info, too. :)
Mine is being sent UPS. Wonder why they're using different carriers? Maybe for different parts of the country?
Mine is UPS also.. but damn, they are wanting a signature.(I live in a safe community and have cameras) I hope that they deliver after I’m off work. I hate tracking down packages.

Mine shipped from Bait and is scheduled to arrive here in Texas on Tuesday..
Can I ask when you got the email from Bait? Ordered from them as well.

edit:to those who ordered with bait, login in to the website tofind tracking.
My helmets should arrive tomorrow :)

Last edited:
Can I ask when you got the email from Bait? Ordered from them as well.

edit:to those who ordered with bait, login in to the website tofind tracking.
My helmets should arrive tomorrow :)

Looks like you discovered how to do it...I never got a tracking, but since I ordered way back in April I figured mine was shipping with the first wave. Logged into Bait and saw that it was on its way via UPS. :)

Thursday! :D

20200104_071623.jpg

Pre-Ordered mine from Bait never got a tracking email from them but they updated tracking info for my order on the site .

Attachments

• 2BD50C44-CAC1-452D-B867-BF4D07711C0C.png
    2BD50C44-CAC1-452D-B867-BF4D07711C0C.png
    373.2 KB · Views: 185
Heres some pics of the helmet. Note I am not the best photographer. COA also mentioned everything is finished by hand. Not sure if that means the paint is done by hand, but from the four helmets I unboxed, I noticed slight variances in the paint job along with each helmet having different weathering applied either topically or splattered on.

The helmet also has some problems that I noticed. Because the plastic is held together by clipping to each other, there are stress lines along the plastic throughout the helmet.
All 4 of the helmets I unboxed had a vertical line in from of the helmet in between the turn signals. There is a noticeable horizontal line on the lower left mandible and the back mandibles have lines as well.
And of course, the seam, it is most noticeable in the right ear between the dome and the ear cap,

To those of you who want to fiberglass the inside, be careful, the visor is very fragile and I have some light stress cracks from unscrewing the ears off. Without the ears holding it together the whole helmet is very flimsy and in my opinion might not be worth fiberglassing for fear that you may not be able to maintain the shape unless you plan on fiberglassing over the screws that hold the ears in place.Even with that, the seams underneath the ears will need to be covered along with the seams between the dome as to not allow resin to flow through them.

For what it is, the helmet is beautifully done and I think it was well worth the purchase, considering it does have aluminum ears and working RF lights.

Attachments

• IMG_0406 2.jpeg
    IMG_0406 2.jpeg
    7.5 MB · Views: 457
  • IMG_0407 2.jpeg
    IMG_0407 2.jpeg
    7.4 MB · Views: 479
  • IMG_0408 2.jpeg
    IMG_0408 2.jpeg
    7.6 MB · Views: 464
  • IMG_0413 2.jpeg
    IMG_0413 2.jpeg
    6.1 MB · Views: 507
  • IMG_0414 2.jpeg
    IMG_0414 2.jpeg
    6 MB · Views: 489
  • IMG_0415 2.jpeg
    IMG_0415 2.jpeg
    5.5 MB · Views: 434
  • IMG_0416 2.jpeg
    IMG_0416 2.jpeg
    6 MB · Views: 419
  • IMG_0417 2.jpeg
    IMG_0417 2.jpeg
    4.9 MB · Views: 384
  • IMG_0419 2.jpeg
    IMG_0419 2.jpeg
    5.4 MB · Views: 441
  • IMG_0420 2.jpeg
    IMG_0420 2.jpeg
    6.2 MB · Views: 428
  • IMG_0421 2.jpeg
    IMG_0421 2.jpeg
    6 MB · Views: 438
  • IMG_0423 2.jpeg
    IMG_0423 2.jpeg
    5.7 MB · Views: 411
  • IMG_0425 2.jpeg
    IMG_0425 2.jpeg
    4.8 MB · Views: 397
  • IMG_0426 2.jpeg
    IMG_0426 2.jpeg
    6.2 MB · Views: 370
  • IMG_0427 2.jpeg
    IMG_0427 2.jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 387
  • IMG_0428 2.jpeg
    IMG_0428 2.jpeg
    5.3 MB · Views: 345
  • IMG_0429 2.jpeg
    IMG_0429 2.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 340
  • IMG_0430 2.jpeg
    IMG_0430 2.jpeg
    4.9 MB · Views: 369
  • IMG_0431 2.jpeg
    IMG_0431 2.jpeg
    5.4 MB · Views: 357
  • IMG_0432 2.jpeg
    IMG_0432 2.jpeg
    4.9 MB · Views: 395
  • IMG_0433 2.jpeg
    IMG_0433 2.jpeg
    6.9 MB · Views: 441
  • IMG_0442 2.jpeg
    IMG_0442 2.jpeg
    7.8 MB · Views: 432
  • IMG_0443 2.jpeg
    IMG_0443 2.jpeg
    7.9 MB · Views: 429
  • IMG_0444 2.jpeg
    IMG_0444 2.jpeg
    7.2 MB · Views: 411
  • IMG_0445 2.jpeg
    IMG_0445 2.jpeg
    8.1 MB · Views: 399
  • IMG_0447.jpeg
    IMG_0447.jpeg
    7 MB · Views: 385
  • IMG_0448.jpeg
    IMG_0448.jpeg
    6.3 MB · Views: 385
  • IMG_0451.jpeg
    IMG_0451.jpeg
    7.1 MB · Views: 391
  • IMG_0465.jpg
    IMG_0465.jpg
    6.7 MB · Views: 398
Hmm, some of the staining on the rear of the dome seems a little heavy-handed on the production helmets.
I'm sure that's the weathering done individually where they say each is "finished by hand."

The helmet looks pretty good, better than I was expecting. I am curious how they get the rangefinder to light up. For the money its a nice looking helmet, although I still probably won't get one.

Hello there!

Gonna introduce myself in another thread very soon!
Thank you very much for those pictures MinuteFett!
I have a couple of questions about the eFX PCR helmet:

1. How many of these helmets are they making? Less than 1.000? Maybe 10.000? Or even more? I worry about availability since I 'm from Germany and for example the Vader helmet is very hard to get and even the Stormtrooper already sells for twice the original price.

2. Let's forget about the seams for a moment: How accurate is the shape in comparison to the screen used ESB helmet? I read that they've cleaned up the helmet but I can't really make out the differences. The brow seems to be less wavy but I'm not sure about that! Any other differences?

3. The paint job is based on the screen used look and not what the helmet looks like nowadays or in SE, right?

4. Are they still working on a limited premium (fiberglass) edition of the ESB helmet or is this PCR version the only Boba helmet that we can expect from efx in the near future (2 years from now)?

5. Woah! What went wrong with that paint job??? I compared the pictures provided by MinuteFett (thanks a lot!) to those from AoSW. There seem to be some MAJOR problems with heavily MISALIGNED stencils all over the helmet!

6. What's the deal with those yellowish weathering drops all over the front and this very saturated brown dirt on top of the dome? I think that it is way too much saturated and that it makes it even worse that the helmet looks nothing like metal but a plastic TOY for kids! Right now the Hasbro BS helmet looks much more valuable, even though I know that Hasbro makes the interactive toy and eFX the quality display purpose helmet.

7. Is it just me or are the colors on the back panels way off? They don't look anything blueish to me and there isn't a good contrast to the cheeks. How accurate are the colors of the helmet over all? The „dark grey“ (always thought that it's supposed to be "black") of the cheeks looks also too bright in my opinion.

8. My plan was to use this helmet as a precise painting reference for my DIY cosplay helmet, but now that i see those pictures I'm not sure if this helmet is a good reference at all. Those custom painted helmets by all you talented guys and vendors in this forum look much more like metal and give me much more of the feeling that I'm looking at the original movie prop. So should I use this helmet as a reference for my own paint job or not?

I don't wanna „hate“ on this helmet. It's still a great piece and I'd love to buy one, even if those pictures disappoint me. I was just about to order, when MinuteFett posted those pictures in the last minute (lol considering your user name, that's very ironic in a funny way) and I'm still close to ordering the helmet!

Thanks for your time!

Last edited:
1. How many of these helmets are they making? Less than 1.000? Maybe 10.000? Or even more? I worry about availability since I 'm from Germany and for example the Vader helmet is very hard to get and even the Stormtrooper already sells for twice the original price.
-No idea how many they made, but I assume it will sell out like many of their other items.

2. Let's forget about the seams for a moment: How accurate is the shape in comparison to the screen used ESB helmet? I read that they've cleaned up the helmet but I can't really make out the differences. The brow seems to be less wavy but I'm not sure about that! Any other differences?
-The shape is spot on, the wavy brow is present and is actually near perfect considering they cleaned it up, the mandibles are not aligned much like the original and it does show cleaned up damage on the helmet that match the original damage.

3. The paint job is based on the screen used look and not what the helmet looks like nowadays or in SE, right?
-The SE paint job only adds a bit more weathering and the infamous crack. So yes youre looking at the ESB.

4. Are they still working on a limited premium (fiberglass) edition of the ESB helmet or is this PCR version the only Boba helmet that we can expect from efx in the near future (2 years from now)?
-Again, no one but employees know the inner working of EFX. It took almost 7(?) years to release this helmet since the teaser back in 2012 I think.

5. Woah! What went wrong with that paint job??? I compared the pictures provided by MinuteFett (thanks a lot!) to those from AoSW. There seem to be some MAJOR problems with heavily MISALIGNED stencils all over the helmet!
-I don't know what you mean by misaligned stencils? Off centered? In wrong placement?
Comparing it to the references in the media section I see that they're all in correct placement and done in a layered fashion. Sure some of the paint job is missing some things but its definitely way better than the MR.

6. What's the deal with those yellowish weathering drops all over the front and this very saturated brown dirt on top of the dome? I think that it is way too much saturated and that it makes it even worse that the helmet looks nothing like metal but a plastic TOY for kids! Right now the Hasbro BS helmet looks much more valuable, even though I know that Hasbro makes the interactive toy and eFX the quality display purpose helmet.
From the four helmets I unboxed, the brownish stains and rust drops all over the helmet are different on every helmet. I think this is a nice touch myself but on one helmet I received it had way too many large drops in some areas.

7. Is it just me or are the colors on the back panels way off? They don't look anything blueish to me and there isn't a good contrast to the cheeks. How accurate are the colors of the helmet over all? The „dark grey“ (always thought that it's supposed to be "black") of the cheeks looks also too bright in my opinion.

They did a really good job matching the colors IMO, especially the dome green. It is more of a hunter green in bright light and does shift in darker lighting. It may just be the lighting of my pics but the cheeks are black. Helmet overall is really accurate. Best thing we've seen come out.

8. My plan was to use this helmet as a precise painting reference for my DIY cosplay helmet, but now that i see those pictures I'm not sure if this helmet is a good reference at all. Those custom painted helmets by all you talented guys and vendors in this forum look much more like metal and give me much more of the feeling that I'm looking at the original movie prop. So should I use this helmet as a reference for my own paint job or not?
-You can definitely use this as a reference to know what scale to use for your damage and for placement, but ultimately you will ALWAYS want to go off actual references when painting ANY prop.

I didn't mean to scare anyone off with the pictures. For 350$, the helmet is absolutely stunning. Had I known all this info before purchasing, I would do it all over again.

Hmm, some of the staining on the rear of the dome seems a little heavy-handed on the production helmets.
I'm sure that's the weathering done individually where they say each is "finished by hand."
Yeah on that specific helmet the stains were a bit much, each helmet that I unboxed had different topical weathering and splatter patterns.
The other three helmets I have have much lighter staining. Maybe the guy who did it was taking out his anger on it lol

The helmet looks pretty good, better than I was expecting. I am curious how they get the rangefinder to light up. For the money its a nice looking helmet, although I still probably won't get one.
Im working on breaking one down to the bare bones. If anyone is interested I can make a thread about it. Im currently breaking apart the rangefinder to show its inner workings.

MinuteFett

Thanks for your detailed answers!
I'm still not gonna "complain" about this helmet. This is still a 350 bucks helmet casted from the actual prop, which has never be done before in mass production and in that quality. It's a wonderful piece but I'm still worried if I really get the authentic movie look or if it would be better to pick up a fanmade helmet (not in terms of wearability or durability, but in terms of screen accuracy).

-I don't know what you mean by misaligned stencils? Off centered? In wrong placement?

From my point of view some of the layers look a little bit shifted / off centered. I attached some photo edits.
Isn't the silver damage on the ear supposed to be right on the edge and not some mm below?
Also those different layers seem to be shifted to each other. I marked this in my attached pictures.

They did a really good job matching the colors IMO, especially the dome green. It is more of a hunter green in bright light and does shift in darker lighting. It may just be the lighting of my pics but the cheeks are black. Helmet overall is really accurate. Best thing we've seen come out.

So would you say that they hit the right colors better on spot than any custom painter since they were able to pick the colors directly from the prop?
I wonder how they picked the colors and if the blue of the back panels is the right color since it does not look very blueish to me.
Hasbro for example picked a printed color chart (maybe RAL?) to choose the right colors. But as far as I know many of the colors need to be mixed, so it should be impossible to pick the 100% perfect color by an RAL color chart or am I getting this wrong?

Attachments

• comp1.jpg
    comp1.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 312
  • comp3.jpg
    comp3.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 297
Just got mine, and this one is through Fedex ground. Will Fedex ground require signature? And any 1 knows how to make them not require these signatures? Any forms?

I gotta say, I may not be the helmet connoisseur that many on this forum are, but I gotta say that for the price, I think this helmet is gorgeous! As far as 501st approval, I’ve heard that it won’t pass. Is that true?

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back