Blaster EE-3 Carbine build as ESB using Sidewinder's kit. *Final update: Painting+Assembling*

Beautiful build! Hope when mine is finished it looks as good. question - is there a standard/accepted length for how far the MPP/tube should extend from the barrel? Or is it just a "what looks best" type of thing?

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazing attention to detail. This may have been pointed out, but the screen used leather strap looks like a softer suede or chamois type leather. This would explain why it can be tied. If you get a harder leather strap wet, it will soften up and is easier to knot. When it dries, it is hard to undo.

Amazing attention to detail. This may have been pointed out, but the screen used leather strap looks like a softer suede or chamois type leather. This would explain why it can be tied. If you get a harder leather strap wet, it will soften up and is easier to knot. When it dries, it is hard to undo.
Thanks for sharing. While i was doing it, I also had doubts about the original being leather, or at least no as thick as mine.

T5H:
Are the backs of the Molex connectors supposed to be filled in? Seems to me some people think so. Is there any photo reference for this?

T5H:
Are the backs of the Molex connectors supposed to be filled in? Seems to me some people think so. Is there any photo reference for this?
Hum, i see what you mean.
To be honest i don't have any pictures to confirm that but i'm convinced they should be hollow just like the original found part is. If they had done a mold and resin casts of them, they would certainly have replaced the one which fell from the blaster during filming which isn't the case.

From this image (the only one that shows the back of the blaster) it seems that the molex is hollow:

Boba-Fett-Costume-Empire-Strikes-Back-Hallway-Hollow-Molex.jpg

Boba-Fett-Costume-Empire-Strikes-Back-Hallway-Hollow-Molex.jpg

Thanks guys. Also, the white haired Bespin guard is also the guy wearing the white Super Trooper consume in the costume fitting photos right?
If so, I missed a chance to ask him about at C5. He was also Bossk, unless I am mixed up.

Thanks guys. Also, the white haired Bespin guard is also the guy wearing the white Super Trooper consume in the costume fitting photos right?
If so, I missed a chance to ask him about at C5. He was also Bossk, unless I am mixed up.

You are correct! It is Alan Harris, the 'first' Supertrooper.

Quick question: I'm currently in the middle of painting my blaster and am wondering about the smaller stock greeble color. I can see that the center squares are weathered with red, but are the smaller ones weathered with white or a bright silver? It's difficult to tell with possible light play messing with things!

Quick question: I'm currently in the middle of painting my blaster and am wondering about the smaller stock greeble color. I can see that the center squares are weathered with red, but are the smaller ones weathered with white or a bright silver? It's difficult to tell with possible light play messing with things!

It is actually the other way: the center greeble is red, while the side greebles are white, but were all painted black; the repetitive use of the gun made that weathered effect 'possible'.

It is actually the other way: the center greeble is red, while the side greebles are white, but were all painted black; the repetitive use of the gun made that weathered effect 'possible'.

Excellent! Thank you very much!

This thread was awesome as it helped to walk me through the build and weathering process for my blaster!!! Used many of the tips and techniques mentioned here. Mine is a Sidewinder kit on a HandSchaub brass Webley. Thanks!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

The Handschaub is certainly the next best thing after a real Webley&Scott. Congratulations, yours looks brilliant!

This thread was awesome as it helped to walk me through the build and weathering process for my blaster!!! Used many of the tips and techniques mentioned here. Mine is a Sidewinder kit on a HandSchaub brass Webley. Thanks!

Congratulations on your sale on RPF , I thought I saw it somewhere else :lol:

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back