Ebay Helmet

It looks good, but it's prolly not a fan made product. To be clear it's most likely a recast helmet from someone who's ok with profiting off of others work. Quality wise these usually suffer from thin spots and/or poor casting materials or skills.

It is a cheap price though. You can get a great lid for around $250, but you must, of course, do what you feel is best.
Don't take this as chiding but rather knowledge sharing....

- - - Updated - - -

And now comes the part where a mod tell you not to post links to eBay auctions that are not your own....

Last edited by a moderator:
You'd be better off getting a budget cast from animefan...check out the cargo hold. If you want a decent lid, don't start with this lid or the target lid...

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree. You are better off starting with a good base. The newer you are to the game them more valuable a good cast is. I would research the forums and find a reputable maker here.

Good to read they plenty of threads, and have to consider your size and or desire for more screen sized kids. And your budget as well. If your a guy who's around 5'6", and you're gonna wear the lid, there are other options, but the Bobamaker lid is out of the 150 price range. The GMH is smaller than the BM, but not sure if Christy(ASOK) is still producing parts.if your 5'8" or taller, and or want screen sized, go with the animefan.

I was actually bidding on the same helmet put up by that seller about a week ago. It sold for about $160 and I wasn't so sure about the quality to be honest, although this one looks better internally than the previous one did. Personally I'd go for Animefan's helmet. I just ordered mine and am very excited for it, and the pictures I've seen of his casts look far better than that.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back