Ebay has Mandalorian armor

soilman

Active Hunter
I found a group of auctions that have a set of armor kits for Jango or Boba made of sintra. They are really cheap in my eyes. Are these things worth it? what is sintra? Newbie so not sure I have heard of it but do not know. Would be a good base kit to start the armor off of or should I go for something different?

Thanks

Oh Yeah go to Ebay type in Mandalorian in search it will pull up about a dozen of the sets.

here is link to one

bb_1.jpg

::edit:: auction link removed, picture added

Those are made by a board member. Questions about sintra can be answered by using the Search option;)

Hi,
Those are my sets. I don't charge a whole lot because I want Fett to be accessible to everyone. The $$$ from the auctions helps to pay for my own custom mandalorian.

Sintra is a strong, flexible yet light plastic which is easy to mold with heat. Excuse me for being a salesman but I think my sets are just as good as any you'll find; out of Sintra anyway.

PM me if you want references.

p.s. Hey MGR, thanks for recognizing them.

BTW, "Sintra" is the brand name of a PVC combustible thermoplastic resin, which is pressed into sheets. Think of it as basically PVC in "sheet form".

I made all of my own armor, including gauntlets, out of Sintra (2mm and 3mm). Yeah, it took me 900+ hours (spread over about 7 months). Still, I did it!!! :D

Never had a problem with Sintra, and something I've noticed is, it seems to "give" a bit better than other plastics, and doesn't seem quite so prone to breaking/snapping. It bends instead of snapping. It WILL snap, but not as quickly as more "brittle" plastics, if that makes any sense. :)

This thread is more than 20 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back