DVH Fett bucket scratch build

For shore youve done well , one thing maby try to get the arrows a bit more simetrical . other wise keep it up

Last edited by a moderator:
ThanksGuys!

Hmm...yea those arrows are a little asymetrical arent they....ill fix that...

Thanks Paul! I was VERY nervous about doing the dent. I looked at pics of the GrantM helmet dent and based the shape off of that. Didnt quite come out as close to that as i wanted, but i thought it looked good so i just let it be rather than try and get it closer to that look and messin the whole thing up! LOL! PM replied bro!

If anyone is interested in one of these, there is a thread in the cargo hold for them. "DVH Boba Fett/Mando Bucket run 2011"

I also have to say , even tho this is your buk and what comes out of the mold wont be the same colour id paint it in either a white or a light gray,puerly for asthetics now this is my own oppinion so dont take it as critisisim the red just looks too much like bondo ,and please dont take that the rong way

heh...yea i usually use grey primer...but the rust color primer is all i have around right now. I got if for free frommy job..so who am i to say no...right? Once i do the final adjustments ill probably paint it some other color to get the finish smooth, but honestly, what does it matter? once the mold is made this will go in my "master" storage closet never to be seen again! LOL!

Ok this is as far as i can get with this one. There is still a bit of poster board under all there, so i cant really do much more with this at this point. Cant sand past the posterboard. If i do a V2 of this, i can work it even more from a master casting.. Anyways, here it is:
100_1106-1.jpg

100_1105-1.jpg

100_1104-1.jpg

100_1103-1.jpg

100_1102-1.jpg

100_1101-1.jpg

100_1100-1.jpg

100_1099-1.jpg

Check out the cargo hold if your interested in one of these!

So here is the first assembled DVH Mando helmet. I say Mando as this one will be used for a custom (thats why the dent is filled). But i wanted to show you guys one built up. I had to do a bunch of modding to it though. the rangefinder "stop" was way to thich and made that part of the ear protrude too much. so i had to take a nice amount off of that. IOt still protrudes a little but not as bad. i aslo had to do a bunch of dremel sanding to get the ears to fit properly, nothing to crazy though, about 10min worth of work to get em to fit just right. I cast 2 fiberglass versions of this. One to "test" which is this one, and one to use as a new master for V2. So now that i see what i need to adjust, V2 will be in the works. It will probably be done by the summer id say. So without further adoo, here it is.
th_DSCN2181.jpg

th_DSCN2185.jpg

th_DSCN2184.jpg

th_DSCN2183.jpg

th_DSCN2182.jpg

Paint one up in a fett scheam

heck yea..i plan too! First im gonna take that "master" casting and mod it to match this one, then take a new mold. THEN ill be doing a couple of fetts for myself and possibly ill cast a few to sell if people are interested.

Thank so much for sharing - this is really inspiring! Did you use fiberglass cloth inside the helmet or just resin to strengthen the structure?

No problem man. I plan on doing these in the near future..V3 actually...more mods will be done on the ears...I used the fiberglass cloth/resin inside to strengthen it.

i put a coat of the fiberglass resin over the posterboard on the outside, (no actual fiberglass on the outside)and then yes i did bondo over the posterboard. Problem with that was eventually you hit the posterboard when sanding, which is why i took a mold from my original, cast a helmet, and modded it further. Now i plan on doing it again, trying to tweak it more. Id "LIKE" to mod it enough to get the upcoming Mojo Aluminum GMH ears to fit. I asked Gav if he could give me the basic measurements but havnet heard back. Not sure if he wants to disclose that info. If not, no biggie, when i eventually get the aluminum ears, thats when ill finish the bucket. Im in no rush. :)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back