does this look close? ( ESB paintjob )

WhiteWulf

Hunter
hey all, ive been practicing my ESB painting on my old sintra chestplate peices, do you think the green is the right shade or close to ESB? i also think that i overdid the damage slightly, and some parts have a slight shine to them, due to a change in the weather when i sprayed the green.

so please, Comments+Critique

with flash
DSCN0761.gif

without flash
DSCN0762.gif

The damage looks pretty decent, but I'm afraid your green is off quite a bit bud. :( Its way to bright & green. You need something way more drab. Keep workin on it though, you'll get it right!! ;)
D

thanks for the info mate, less garden hose green:lol: and more drab..

ill post a pic once i repaint it and i think i'll use a more dull yellow this time

-Wulfie

I say that the yellow looks pretty good, but try to find some darker organic colours, such as a forest or spruce green. I know paint finding is harder in the United Kindgom, do you have access to an airbrush of any sort?

well i whipped out the airbrush and had a play about, i messed up the right chestplate, but its only test peices so it matters not. apart from that, any improvement on the colours of the other peices? i misted them with an olive drab colour and black, a few smudges here and there but its all practice..

flash
DSCN0777.gif

without flash
DSCN0782.gif

DSCN0783.gif

-Wulfie

Looks allot better with the black wash, altho maybe slightly over done it on the left breast? IMO?
Keep us posted on progress... (y)

Looks allot better with the black wash, altho maybe slightly over done it on the left breast? IMO?
Keep us posted on progress... (y)

way over done, i had a slight *hiccup* then heh, its all good im thinking Tamiya Olive Drab might be a nice green to use as a base green then weather with misted black. its a really nice.
TS-5 Olive Drab.

-Wulfie

Yeah just a little..:lol:
Just looked and for a spray can it's not bad acually? once weathered it should look better.. (y)

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back