Din Djarin cape

I've picked up a few from different vendors getting my kit together, best I've come across so far has been Steven Walker. Solid match in material and color and he puts a lot of attention in getting the pleats "just right".

I’m a 501st Legion. Bloodfin Garrison member. I’m going for the Level 2, Infamous certification.
The cape is made of boiled wool and has a slit opening so the rifle strap can secure the rifle on the outside of the cape.

I have Steve's cape, and I love it...any suggestions on weathering it? I've never weathered a cape before and I don't wanna mess it up lol.
I just carefully cut the holes in the cape using scissors, and twisted the cuts to fray the edges a bit more. In terms of dirt, not much shows up on it since it's so dark. So really only lighter weathering will show. For that I just drug mine through some dry sand a bunch :) Looks perfectly fine and minimal risk of messing up.

Will take some pics over the weekend.

I just carefully cut the holes in the cape using scissors, and twisted the cuts to fray the edges a bit more. In terms of dirt, not much shows up on it since it's so dark. So really only lighter weathering will show. For that I just drug mine through some dry sand a bunch :) Looks perfectly fine and minimal risk of messing up.

Will take some pics over the weekend.
Thanks

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back