clown3y's ESB Boba

clown3y

Hunter
Hey guys!

To introduce myself: I'm Mario, I'm a student from Germany and I'm a member of the 501st Legion as an ANH TK since April of 2016. I'm also building a Rogue One AT-ACT driver which I have nearly finished.

Boba Fett has always been my favorite character (obviously), so it was just natural that I come to the point of starting to build this costume one day.

And luckily, that day has come! :D After a few months of research, I have ordered a finished ESB Boba helmet from a member of the board, which will hopefully be with me within the next few weeks.

The build might be done quickly, but it might also take me two years or so. The experience that I've gained since getting into this whole hobby showed me that rushing things will never get you to your goal, so I'll slowly start to gather all the parts and one day, it may start to resemble Boba. :D

I'll be sure to give you guys updates whenever there's news but that's it for now :)

Mario

Parts list (24th of August 2018: Will be updated once I have time)

Last edited:
Welcome to the mad house that is Boba Fett. Be sure to ask questions and stay away from ebay.

Hi, ESB is a good choice! I know you, we trooped together and you know my son in a Jawa and my wife in a Tie. We habe been on the birthday party of little Leon with the „Hüpfburg“ in front of the house, I did the OLC.
I just finished one last year as you can see in our public German Garrison Forum (I am darth-kerche-1975 and forum-mod). If you are planning to come to Legoland this year I can show you mine.

Last edited:
Thanks for the nice words guys, I appreciate it :)

Hi, ESB is a good choice! I know you, we trooped together and you know my son in a Jawa and my wife in a Tie. We habe been on the birthday party of little Leon with the „Hüpfburg“ in front of the house, I did the OLC.
I just finished one last year as you can see in our public German Garrison Forum (I am darth-kerche-1975 and forum-mod). If you are planning to come to Legoland this year I can show you mine.

Of course I know you! Cool to see you around here :) I've followed your build thread back then and also saw your Boba in Speyer last year. Insanely great costume!

Unfortunately, I won't be able to be in Legoland this year but I've sent you a PM on our GG forum.

Last edited:
It's update time!

Thanks to an amazing hint from TK50175, I got the chance to get a set of MOW boots, a girth belt and a wool cape for so cheap that I nearly felt a bit bad about buying them :D

The boots even are my exact size and all of these pieces are in brand new condition! I'm really glad to get these three parts off of my list without any trouble with customs.

87869ac6-be98-4c69-9d02-ef591f.jpg

But these news are nothing compared to what I have to show you next. My helmet, painted by the amazing Blaidon Props, is ready to be shipped and will hopefully be with me within the next few days. Dealing with him was an absolute pleasure and he, without a doubt, did the ESB style justice.

I can't wait to have this piece in my own hands. It's truly a dream come true to own a helmet with this attention to detail. I'll be sure to post some great quality pictures of it once I have it.

29792457_901264546665005_49818.jpg

29791069_901264696664990_87853.jpg

30221377_901272029997590_25832.jpg

I'll order more pieces in the next few weeks, so hopefully, I have even more to show you in the near future.

But that's it for now!

Mario

The paint job on that bucket looks amazing. The ESB nerd in me is saddened by the lack of a brow wave though.

Yeah, I'm aware of that brow issue. At some point, I'll attempt to paint a bucket myself and then I'll be sure to pick a kit that features it more prominently, but for now, I'm perfectly happy :)

There you go guys! I can't stress enough what a pleasure it was to work with Blaidon Props. He's a great guy and did a phenomenal job on that helmet.

There are so many tiny details that get lost on camera, it's insane :D

Resin RF stalk and topper just act as placeholders right now, they'll be replaced with proper ones in the near future. But other than that.. Damn.

p1880277-01.jpg

p1880276.jpg

Last edited:
I've picked up my DVH jetpack from customs yesterday! Lou is a great guy and hooked me up with one of his kits really quickly, thanks for that!

I picked his kit not just because it looks really good, but also because it's considered to be one of the larger ones and I figured that it would suit me with my 1.83m height. Let's hope I'm right :D

31664598_1607133895990560_1858.jpg

The next things on my list are Arkady's soft parts, Wasted Fett's Hero Armor and gauntlets and Woodman's ammo belt and braids. It's a good time to build a Fett :D

Mario

Last edited:
It happened.. Last weekend at Comic Con Frankfurt, I got to meet the man himself. The German Garrison got invited to troop there and it was obvious that I had to be there, too.

My friend (Lord Vader) and I (the pale guy on the left) had a chat with him about his own armor, (I didn't know you guys made one for him too, that's so cool!), Daniel Logan's armor and many other things. He's an amazing person and it was an absolute honor getting to meet him. Of course, I didn't miss the chance to get my helmet autographed. I wonder how many dented buckets he already had in his hands..

I had to sand some of the black paint from inside of the helmet away and now I'm figuring out how to protect the autograph from usual trooping-wear while making it look as cool as possible. Maybe I'll just have to get a second helmet for trooping.. :D It kind of hurts to imagine wearing this wonderful piece during events now :lol:

Also, I've installed a new visor because the old one was wayyyy too light.

photo05.05.18135033_preview.jpg

32294448_1618800198157263_1288.jpg

32239593_1617765004927449_6276.jpg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back