clown3y's ESB Boba

Update time!

I've recently ordered a bunch of stuff and man, I really can't wait to pay all these customs invoices once all of this arrives :rolleyes:

Just kidding! I'm more than excited to see how quickly things are coming together and the fun of building stuff and painting it hasn't even started!

To name a few things that I'll hopefully receive within the next few months and weeks:

- Bobamaker V3 armor
- RKD gauntlets
- Arkady soft parts
- Mike M Gloves (I was really lucky to get into this run!)
- Woodman's braids and ammo belt
- Shin tools found parts
- Airbrush equipment

I begin to feel like "holy sh*t, it's really happening" more and more and I like that! :D

Fast forward two and a half months!

SO many parts arrived and there are even more on their way. I'll go a bit more in depth on some of these pieces once I have a bit of spare time but for now, here's a picture of some stuff that I tossed on the floor.

39982789_317460255478204_84095.jpg

I'd like to talk about some individual pieces that I got! Mainly because I'd like to go in depth about my choices, but also to maybe help people who are still trying to figure out what exactly to get.

SHIN TOOLS!
39979677_1781664481946677_2499.jpg

Paterson Squeegee & Chemical Stirrer

The first two shin tools that I got were the Paterson squeegee and stirrer. These are A) probably the cheapest option out there and B) probably the most accurate you can go (due to the nature of them being found parts, obviously) unless you perhaps find an original set from the 70s.

The stirrer is already done besides some weathering but since my crap 30€ Amazon airbrush decided to splatter the silver all over the Squeegee, I'm going to repaint it. On the other hand, maybe I'm just bad at airbrushing :D However, I still need to trim these to make them fit into my shin pockets.

The other two tools
These are from a German Garrison mate who machines these. If there's someone from Germany reading this who would like to get more info, feel free to send me a PM.

WOOKIEE BRAIDS & AMMO BELT!
40100076_2222614424633689_5804.jpg

I got these two from Woodman! The braids are of fantastic quality and the ammo belt is a nice piece as well. I'm not too happy about two of the pouches, but it's definitely nothing that can't be fixed.

GLOVES!
40020430_232304384107462_77082.jpg

These come from Mike M and if you didn't know yet: He makes awesome gloves. You can really see and feel the amount of time that he spent painstakingly stitching these together. Great Quality, an amazing look and feel and they fit like a ... If you get the chance to buy a set, definitely do so.

ARMOR!
40126189_535794940175568_88925.jpg

All my armor parts come from Bobamaker. Even though one of the first things that I've heard about him were his waiting times, this complete set of armor only took like 5 or 6 weeks to get here, which is, if I remember correctly, the quickest that I've received stuff from a prop maker for the Fett. (the back and kidney/cod pieces are not in picture)

And what can I say about the quality of Bobamaker's work.. The unboxing of these parts alone was really great already. Each part was individually wrapped into bubble wrap and unpacking them kind of felt like Christmas.

The vac-formed parts feel so rigid but are so detailed that they could easily be mistaken for fibreglass on first glance. The pieces are primed already, too! What I didn't like as much were the return edges. They were a tad to thick, so I sanded these down by like.. half? I still have to do that on some bits but it's really not a big deal at all.

That's it for now! If you have any questions, feel free to send me a PM :)

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back