cleaning t-visor

jangofett76

Active Hunter
When I was installing my t-visor to my helmet I got some glue on it. After it dryed I tried to clean it but it's a little bit smeary. Can anyone help me to clean it to where it looks good? Thanks. ;)

This t-visor(faceshield) was the 3rd one that I bought from schoolsafety.net. So I have extra plastic pieces to experiment with. ;)

I use a product called de-solv-it.It is a biodegradable chemical free adhesive remover.Has kind of an orange scent.I will take all that off your visor, just be care ful to not let it get on the adhesive that holds the visor in place, cause it will dissolve it.
But it is great stuff, and a little goes a long way.After you put it on just wipe it off real good with a soft cloth.
Takes off wax, crayon, scuffs.works on a lot of different things.
Hope this helps.
http://www.shop.com/op/~22608_12_OZ_DE_SOLV_IT_6290753-prod-9127671

wickedbeard said:
I use a product called de-solv-it.It is a biodegradable chemical free adhesive remover.Has kind of an orange scent.I will take all that off your visor, just be care ful to not let it get on the adhesive that holds the visor in place, cause it will dissolve it.
But it is great stuff, and a little goes a long way.After you put it on just wipe it off real good with a soft cloth.
Takes off wax, crayon, scuffs.works on a lot of different things.
Hope this helps.
http://www.shop.com/op/~22608_12_OZ_DE_SOLV_IT_6290753-prod-9127671
Thanks wickedbeard. ;)

I've heard of a product readily available at Home Depot called "Goof Off." It will remove adhesive very well, but I don't know what effect it will have on the T-visor.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back