Cheap Flak Vest

Tguntony

New Hunter
Hi I am fairly new to this site mostly I have been reading posts.But now have begun building my very first costume I've already made my armor(will post pics later) and I need a cheap easy way to make a vest I dont care about accuracy now because I dont really have the money to go totaly accurate (Im only 15)and I will build a new set when ive got more cash.

Tony

Very hot and sweaty you will be. Use satin or material that can breathe. Use an old tee-shirt or pullover, trim the sleeves and have mom stitch the vertical shoulder lines.

ACSS2 wrote:

I am only 15 also an I just bought some vinal and am going to sew a vest pattern. Total cost $20

I probably will got to something cooler next time. Just trying it to see if it will work then make a good one. Any suggestions on what to use?

I will just recommend you use a breathable non stretch cotton blend, if you use a regular shirt when you put the armor on it, it will stretch the material and the armor will sag down and look really bad.

My very first one was a sweatshirt, it was quite thick and held the armor very well. I just cut it here and there and put some velcro up the back.

I am going to high res scan the pattern I have and will make JPG/PSD files and post them online sometime soon. My scanner is on the fritz, so I have to take them to a friends.

This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back