Changing Thread Title

Boba Fett

Active Hunter
I have a question. How do you change the title of a thread after you have already created it? I changed the title to one of the threads that I have started, but the change only shows up when you click on the thread and not in the index. Any suggestions?

tubachris85x

Well-Known Hunter
Yea, I found that part of it annoying when I accidentally spelled part of it wrong...not to complain or anything

-tubachris

Boba Fett

Active Hunter
Yea, I found that part of it annoying when I accidentally spelled part of it wrong...not to complain or anything

-tubachris
Yeah I always found it weird that we had the option to change it ourselves, but since I have been on TDH it has never worked.

asok

Well-Known Hunter
From what I have been told, it is just bug in the software. I could be wrong. If you need help, please PM an admin.

Art Andrews

Community Founder
Community Staff
There is some confusion about this from time to time so let me explain. A thread is actually a container with posts inside. The thread has a title. Likewise, each post within the thread has a title. You can change the title of your post, but only an admin can change the title of the thread. If you ever mistitle a thread, just PM an admin and they can make the changes for you.

Boba Fett

Active Hunter
There is some confusion about this from time to time so let me explain. A thread is actually a container with posts inside. The thread has a title. Likewise, each post within the thread has a title. You can change the title of your post, but only an admin can change the title of the thread. If you ever mistitle a thread, just PM an admin and they can make the changes for you.
Hey Dent thanks for the info. I was never totally sure on this.