cant get my helmet to fit need..help!

J

jangoboba

I have tried everything and can not get my helmet to fit. its to loose. help!

Try gutting a baseball hard hat, that should give you enough padding for the helm. thats what i have in mine, and its not that hot as foam.

how do you wear your baseball hat? I tried that with the bill up front,but it gets smshsed down and cant see.

I would definitely recommend going with the hardhat liner. Its quick and easy to install and fully adjustable, I've never tried foam but I'd think it'd be too hot. Just use hot melt or epoxy to fix it into position.

I only recommend the foam as a quick fix, which is what I did last con. Maybe its because of my big hair, but I just had a couple small squares at the top and back, just kept it from moving around and it didnt touch my skin, so it wasn't hot. I will use a hardhat liner on my M_S helmet for sure :)

I want to use the Hard hat liner (Can be found at any welder supply house)
I am looking for that type of padding that they put in football helmets. The kind that is large squares of foam with a plastic skin. I saw someone that had a Stormtrooper helmet on eBay that lined theirs with the stuff. It looked just like the padding on the inside of the Riddell Mini Fett Helmet!

I was hoping the original post was about a different kind of problem. As I asked in the thread about the "Mystery" helmet, does anyone else have a problem with the helmet being too SMALL for their large noggin? :(

Side-to-side, it's fine ... front to back, my nose is mashed up against the T-Visor, and top-down is just about right. FWIW, mine has foam padding inside (and not much of it).

ATM

Man, Shack. I thought my noggin was large. :) You may need to go with an MSH2, man. Have you looked to see of there is any material you can remove from the back of the helmet without sacrificing the integrity of the helmet? Or have you tried a thinner visor? I know RA's visors are pretty thick.

Wayne

YOUR noggin? Have you stood beside me in the past Wayne? I'm not exactly a petite, dainty flower. ;)

It's not TOO big a deal, since I don'tplan to ever have a full suit. This helmet was acquired through trade, and I'd like to set up a bust to display it ... and some chest armor with my lights in them. I just wanted to try it on, and couldn't believe that something this big (larger than the DPs) was so snug.

And for the technically inclined (liking facts and figures), I don't know my *exact* hat size ... but I know a size 7 3/4 is too tight for me to wear comfortably. :p

ATM

for the riddel mini helmet type padding you might want to try taking regular old foam sponges cut exactly how you want them and then coat them with this stuff I saw in the spray paint section at Lowes: There's 2 types a spray paint type, and a "dip" type. it's a rubber coating...it's meant to add rubber hand grips to tools and stuff if the original grip has fallen off. I saw it in yellow, but i'm sure there are other colors or paint might be able to be added to it to make it whatever color you want. I would think a normal sponge or foam pad dipped or sprayed with this stuff would look and feel almost exactly like football helmet pads.

hope this makes sense, i'm kinda figureing it out as i'm writing :lol:

if anyone tries this let us know how it turns out, i'm probably going for the hardhat liner route.

This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back