Caboots?

FettWrecked

New Hunter
I'm looking at buying some Caboots. My shoe size is EU38 and Imperial Boots do not make to this size. I've also contacted Man of War Studios but no reply. Caboots says they can make it to my size. They generally make the boots in all leather but to meet the CRLs, I asked if they could do canvas instead and they said yes - is this a good idea or would leather be better even though the CRLs say canvas?

Other than this, they say their boots meet all the CRL criteria and will look like the attached:
  • Canvas/fabric boots with black leather or leather-like piping running in 2 lines from toe to ankle.
  • Base color of the boot should be gray with the center section of the boot painted black or dark gray to match visual references.
  • Elastic U-shaped cutouts that span from the sole up to the top of the boot are present on both sides.
  • The boot has heavily weathered white, flat soles.
  • Front of the boot is not rounded but trapezoidal in shape.
Thoughts?

Attachments

• thumbnail_image1.jpg
    thumbnail_image1.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 328
Im going to go out on a limb here and suggest that maybe you go with the smallest size IB and put insoles in them. They fit really snug already. Im a size 9.5 but wear 11 in imperial boots with no foot pain whatsoever.

This is just my suggestion.

The quality of CA boots isn't up to par with IB or MOW which is why I suggest this option

Im going to go out on a limb here and suggest that maybe you go with the smallest size IB and put insoles in them. They fit really snug already. Im a size 9.5 but wear 11 in imperial boots with no foot pain whatsoever.

This is just my suggestion.

The quality of CA boots isn't up to par with IB or MOW which is why I suggest this option

I've tried to contact MOW on Facebook to check sizing but no reply. Any other ideas of contacting him? Anyone know him personally?

42EU is the lowest size IB can do which is a large difference from 38EU. And they're also the same cost I was quoted from Caboots:

$179 boots
$80 shipping
3 weeks

I've tried to contact MOW on Facebook to check sizing but no reply. Any other ideas of contacting him? Anyone know him personally?

42EU is the lowest size IB can do which is a large difference from 38EU. And they're also the same cost I was quoted from Caboots:

$179 boots
$80 shipping
3 weeks

Mow doesn’t make them anymore boss. You’d have to wait until March to get them from IB. For that same price I’d rather get them from IB to be honest. They comes with toe spikes and are way more accurate

Mow doesn’t make them anymore boss. You’d have to wait until March to get them from IB. For that same price I’d rather get them from IB to be honest. They comes with toe spikes and are way more accurate

Ah, that would explain it. I'll reach out to IB. See what we can do. March isn't too far away.

Hi there.
Personally I would recommend against the eBay option. Generally items you get off eBay are not accurate and not good quality. The exceptions are community members that sell on there. Also this particular seller has a lot of feedback indicating poor make and sizing.

Also I feel your pain on the top large sizes. I’m a 38 and finding boots that fit are impossible! My feet are so small I can fit into kids shoes.

Hi there.
Personally I would recommend against the eBay option. Generally items you get off eBay are not accurate and not good quality. The exceptions are community members that sell on there. Also this particular seller has a lot of feedback indicating poor make and sizing.

Also I feel your pain on the top large sizes. I’m a 38 and finding boots that fit are impossible! My feet are so small I can fit into kids shoes.

Hi Mina! Nice to see another female here, and from Australia too! Have you settled on a pair of boots yet or still searching? I'm struggling to justify $400 for a pair of boots.

Agreed, nice to see another Aussie female. :)
I was looking at CA boots or the IB boots.
From what I have read they do recommend going up a size higher than your normal size.

I do hear you about the boot price. Currency conversion and shipping are killer. But taking that out of consideration most likely going to end up with IB boots and a set of MachineCraft spikes.

Agreed, nice to see another Aussie female. :)
I was looking at CA boots or the IB boots.
From what I have read they do recommend going up a size higher than your normal size.

It might be worth visiting a shoe store and trying on a EU42 first. I'll try that this weekend and see how it goes.

Sounds like an awesome idea. :)
If you do end up doing that would be worth trying shoes with a square/flat front. Just to get a feel for what it might fit like.

I tried on EU42 shoes and they were ridiculously big. So now before giving away $400 I'm considering the DIY route.. What are people's thoughts on these shoes as a base?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190223-143043.png
    Screenshot_20190223-143043.png
    600.4 KB · Views: 333
  • Screenshot_20190223-142959.png
    Screenshot_20190223-142959.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 317
  • Screenshot_20190223-142304.png
    Screenshot_20190223-142304.png
    527.1 KB · Views: 326
Did you try them on with insoles? Mind you that they are elastic so they fit really snug and tight.

No, just my normal socks. The problem was the large gap at the front of the shoe, something I don't think insoles could fix. What are your thoughts on the images above and attached here?

Attachments

• 4.PNG
    4.PNG
    168.4 KB · Views: 317
  • Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    135.7 KB · Views: 316
Last edited:
Hi
Each of these boots have really great points about them. Some are a little hard to tell if they are canvas or something else? I had considered Blundstones myself at one point. Mainly because they make a great product and I’m used to wearing their steel caps for work. I’m interested to see which way you decide to go.

Hi
Each of these boots have really great points about them. Some are a little hard to tell if they are canvas or something else? I had considered Blundstones myself at one point. Mainly because they make a great product and I’m used to wearing their steel caps for work. I’m interested to see which way you decide to go.

Yeah, none of them are perfect. I'm tossing between these three at the moment because they're cheap enough if they end up looking terrible, they're flat, and an overall good base to start from. They're also canvas or suede so paintable. And the fact that two of them already have a white heel saves a lot of work.

Attachments

• 4.PNG
    4.PNG
    168.4 KB · Views: 321
  • HTB1kS6xfgHqK1RjSZJnq6zNLpXaG.jpg
    HTB1kS6xfgHqK1RjSZJnq6zNLpXaG.jpg
    267.5 KB · Views: 304
  • HTB1mnoKcjfguuRjSspkq6xchpXaq.jpg
    HTB1mnoKcjfguuRjSspkq6xchpXaq.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 291
What I have ended up doing is going to my local target/big w and getting 2 sets of boots. 1 from the kids section and one from the men’s section. One pair cost me $3 the other $5. I’m going to get them re-soled and then try and paint them up. If I goof at least it didn’t cost me the earth.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back