Brand Spankin New, Going To Post My Progress

BayBounty

New Hunter
Hey guys, I've posted 1 or 2 times in the last couple days about wanting to purchase a complete Boba Fett costume. I'm new to this whole thing and wanted to get started with my favorite star wars character Boba Fett, I don't have much time on my hands so I thought buying a complete costume would be better and faster but I quickly found out that's not the case.

After speaking to a few people on this forum and getting different advice I have decided that I'm going to start putting together a costume piece by piece. I'm not a patient person so when I have my mind set on something I go for it and don't let anyone talk me out of it. I say this because people here have mentioned places where they buy different pieces and I'm going with some of those websites and buying my parts without doing too much research. Everyone here seems really trustworthy.

I decided I'm going to post my progress from beginning to end. I have no idea where this is going to take me but I'm eager to get out there to start trooping and putting smiles on kid's faces. Like I said I get really excited and start moving sometimes a little to fast without even thinking about what steps should be taken.

With that said my very first purchase is going to be my FlightSuit, Neck Seal, Vest and Hip Pouches. I'm ordering these items from Arkady. I should have mentioned that I'm going to be building the Empire Strikes Back Boba Fett. I'm told that these pieces will take a couple months to come in so I'll try to update this thread and much as possible with anything new that I run across or any other progress that I make. I thank everyone here that has helped me so far, please feel free to throw any advice my way or anything that you think may help me. Thanks again, and let the JOURNEY BEGIN....

Prepare to be consumed by everything Fett , from the moment you wake up the first thing you will think about will be Fett related to the moment you close your eyes to sleep your last thoughts will be about your costume. It becomes addictive to the point of compulsion and more expensive than a crack habit. Saying all that enjoy the ride.......

My only advice would be think hard how accurate you are willing to be and set a budget if possible and try and stay away from the "Bay of E" it's a hive of scum and villainy and most listings look ok but in reality they aren't " Buy cheap ! Buy twice !"

Good luck on your build , looking forward to seeing its progress.

My first purchase was with Arkady as well... a fine choice. Check out the threads on the we weathering process. And you might want to invest in an air brush and compressor if you don't already have one.

Prepare to be consumed by everything Fett , from the moment you wake up the first thing you will think about will be Fett related to the moment you close your eyes to sleep your last thoughts will be about your costume. It becomes addictive to the point of compulsion and more expensive than a crack habit. Saying all that enjoy the ride.......

Gonna second that! I've been working on the helmet for 2 months now, as well as gathering all the other parts, and almost every spare moment is spent thinking about what I need to do next on my helmet, or what I need to order next, or what tutorial video I need to watch... it is indeed all-consuming. I'm not sure what I'll do with myself after it's done next year...

My only advice would be think hard how accurate you are willing to be and set a budget if possible and try and stay away from the "Bay of E" it's a hive of scum and villainy and most listings look ok but in reality they aren't " Buy cheap ! Buy twice !"

Good luck on your build , looking forward to seeing its progress.

I'm looking forward to it!! Can't wait to start seeing some progress, I could barely sleep now just thinking about it lol

**Update

I am currently waiting for my flight suit, neck seal, vest and pouches which should arrive within a couple months. Just today I ordered my boots from Man Of War. This seller has been recommended to me numerous times and I just found out that they are having a final run on boots and won't be selling anymore after that. So I went ahead and ordered them today (11/16/17) and should have them in about 3 weeks. I will post up a pic when they arrive. This feels way more real now that I'm starting to purchase different items. I can barely sleep at night, can't wait to keep making progress

**Update 11/21/17

Just ordered the cape and wookie scalps from Woodman. Not sure what the turnaround time is but excited to get them!! For everything I have ordered so far I'm about $775 USD in, alot more to go lol.

Ps: I'm looking around for ee3's and saw one offered by hyperfirm for $650 all done up and ready to troop, thoughts on this price and quality for those of you who have bought from this seller??

**Update 11/21/17

Just ordered the cape and wookie scalps from Woodman. Not sure what the turnaround time is but excited to get them!! For everything I have ordered so far I'm about $775 USD in, alot more to go lol.

Ps: I'm looking around for ee3's and saw one offered by hyperfirm for $650 all done up and ready to troop, thoughts on this price and quality for those of you who have bought from this seller??

Hyperfirm looked really good to me. I would have purchased one myself but they wouldn't ship to Canada. I was told it wouldn't make it through customs. And yet Sidewinder, who I am getting mine from for cheaper, has told me he's shipped them to Canada with no problems. At the end of the day though, I'm very happy with my choice.

Hyperfirm looked really good to me. I would have purchased one myself but they wouldn't ship to Canada. I was told it wouldn't make it through customs. And yet Sidewinder, who I am getting mine from for cheaper, has told me he's shipped them to Canada with no problems. At the end of the day though, I'm very happy with my choice.
Would it be worth it to me to pay the difference for hyperfirm or if I went with sidewinder is it still a really decent piece? What are the differences? I'm guessing hyperfirm would be more accurate in details?

Would it be worth it to me to pay the difference for hyperfirm or if I went with sidewinder is it still a really decent piece? What are the differences? I'm guessing hyperfirm would be more accurate in details?

I haven't done any comparisons to speak as an authority, but Sidewinders kit from all the images I've seen from other builds around here looks amazing, and that was what made my decision for me. On top of that, Sidewinder offers a kit with EFX from Hasbro Boba Fett blasters so when you pull the trigger you get sound effects. It was too cool to pass up!

**Update 11/21/17

I did Hyperfirm, although I got mine only a few months ago for $450 and that included the real Heiland flash. I got the last ESB EE-3 he was making, though, since he told me his mold broke and couldn't make anymore.

Sidewinder does resin casts, which is super cheap and really light as well, but in my opinion nothing beats a rubber gun. Especially if you'll be trooping with it. I could chuck my EE-3 and my E-11 from Hyperfirm across the street and wouldn't even be able to tell. Not that the resin casts aren't durable, but I know if I drop my Pulce 40 that thing is going to crack.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back