BOBF - Kill Stripes

ArktosPendragon

New Hunter
Hey there everyone, I'm ramping up to do a BOBF paint up and I'm trying to discern something. Does anyone know whether Boba's kill stripes have the extra black dash as in Mando S2 Repaint, or is it just the regular orange ones?

From most of the screen caps I took, it looks like no black stripe, but the quality/lighting would make it a bit more easily obscured as its black rather than the contrasting orange. Then I found the third screen cap on howtoboba and it looks like that black stripe is present, but that's the only one I can see it semi-clearly and it doesn't necessarily match up with my own screen caps.

As some more reference, the hottoys model and other statues do not display a black stripe, but I know those aren't necessarily the best to base off of.

I'm leaning towards no black stripe as it seems BOBF Boba decals/details trend more towards taking design elements from ROTJ (ie chest emblem, mytho skull design) with some tweaks rather than as an evolution of his repaint design. I guess it's also possible that one shot was a pickup or insert that used a different helmet, but wanted to know if anyone else had any info/opinions on it!

Helmet Detailing Back.png
Back Detail Jetpack and Armor.png
Back of Helmet Black Kill Stripe.jpg

For the record, that third one with the black stripe visible is actually the Mando S2 helmet. For some reason, when he walks out with his helmet upside down, he is carrying the older helmet instead of the BOBF one.

For the record, that third one with the black stripe visible is actually the Mando S2 helmet. For some reason, when he walks out with his helmet upside down, he is carrying the older helmet instead of the BOBF one.
Wow, now that you point it out it's pretty blatant:

Mando 2 helmet.png

So it was the "different helmet" answer. Weird, wonder what necessitated them using it for these couple of shots.

Thanks for setting that straight!

Wow, now that you point it out it's pretty blatant:

View attachment 220917

So it was the "different helmet" answer. Weird, wonder what necessitated them using it for these couple of shots.

Thanks for setting that straight!
You're welcome. Once you see it, like you said, it's blatant. Then there is the fight with Koska in The Mandalorian where he has the Cobb Vanth paint job for one shot.

thats really werid , as in they didn't even change up the scratches for it to match the regular BOBF one

They've been all over the place for 2 seasons of Mandalorian and 1 season of Book of Boba Fett with what they throw on the actors in terms of stunt suits, hero suits, hero suits for the various stunt actors, etc.

It's not really surprising but maddening for us.

They've been all over the place for 2 seasons of Mandalorian and 1 season of Book of Boba Fett with what they throw on the actors in terms of stunt suits, hero suits, hero suits for the various stunt actors, etc.

yeah , imo It seems like something they would have done in the original trilogy

That's why my build of the Mando S2 Re-paint and my upcoming Mando S2 Post-Sarlacc are using all ROTJ helmets and armor elements, other than a customer knee pad with launchers on both sides. In my head canon, that armor should have direct ROTJ lineage and since I don't care about 501st approval (my stuff sits on mannequins in my basement), I'm going with my own personal canon versus show accuracy.

The BOBF kill stripes have the black stripe. Yes. Also, the kill stripes are much smaller and closer together than ROTJ/ESB so any current stencils won’t help. You’ll have to measure and tape custom.

The BOBF kill stripes have the black stripe. Yes. Also, the kill stripes are much smaller and closer together than ROTJ/ESB so any current stencils won’t help. You’ll have to measure and tape custom.
I'm not really seeing the black stripe in any of the reference I have, do you have any where it's more clear?

And yeah, I was intending on taping them up myself since they differ enough.

I put it on mine because I have a really clear screen cap. But now I think that was a stunt helmet or the weird M2 helmet that showed up in the outdoor city scene.

I’ll have to keep looking. I could have sworn I had another reference.

Update: Disney Gallery BOBF came out today. No black stripe on the hero helmet.

There is a black stripe in one of the episodes, but that wasn’t the hero helmet.

Time for a repaint. Lol.

Update: Disney Gallery BOBF came out today. No black stripe on the hero helmet.

There is a black stripe in one of the episodes, but that wasn’t the hero helmet.

Time for a repaint. Lol.
Damn, I wish I had known that back in March when I made the post saying as much.

Is this bullying or bragging? I guess we’ll let the mods decide.

For the record, you don’t provide any proof or pictures. “Some guy said so on the interwebs” isn’t good enough when you’re trying to get details correct.

For the record, you don’t provide any proof or pictures. “Some guy said so on the interwebs” isn’t good enough when you’re trying to get details correct.
That's exactly what my reaction was when you corrected with "No, he definitely has the black stripe, I just can't find the pictures."

Did I need to provide pictures when the OP already did? It's just funny that we had figured something out already. Apologies if I hurt your feelings. I was mostly just ribbing.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back