Bobamaker Mandalorian Helmet

Tfett40

Active Hunter
As we know, Bobamaker has completed his 1st version of the Mandalorian Helmet.

BM Mandalorian.jpg

I was on his 1st wave of those to recieve his helmet and my inital thoughts were:

1. The cast clean with very few pinhole/dimples, a few of the detail like the lines in the mowhawk we a bit soft.
2. Since he used his old Boba Fett mold as his base and modifid it to be the Mandalorian, the helmet still has the Fett helmet circular
dome and open flare going towards the bottom.
3. Lastly, the paint job was missing a beat. It lacked in the depth and reflection that you see on screen. Since Bobamaker, admittedly stated he could not get his hands
on the Offical Alumaluster paint, so he had to settle for an unknown UK brand. I believe the paint great affected my overall satification of his inital run.

Images of my BM as I recieved it.
TVC03801 (1).JPG
TVC03812.JPG
TVC03815.JPG
TVC03817.JPG
TVC03819.JPG

Due to my dissatification with the paint, I initally was going to repaint it with the correct Alumaluster. The paint is sold by a company in Los Angeles called Imperial Surface. Luckily, the shop is approx. 30 mins drive for me. However, when I discussed the painting techinques from one of the shop employees and realized the complexity of it, I opted to commission it out to someone one to repaint for me. Luckily, I found @jackrupert133 on instrgam, who has proven to do really great paint ups and is familiar with working with Alumaluster. So off it went to him.

BM4.jpg

BM1.jpg
bm2.jpg

When I recieved the helmet back from Jack, I was completly blown away by his work. Using the accurate Alumaluster gave the helmet
the much needed depth and dimension. The reflection and shine in the helmet captured the light and surrounding colors beautifully. He also
nailed the earth tone weathering colors and applied them well. The new paint really transformed the Bobamaker Helmet into a work of art with the collarboration
of two artist.

Some shots using flash:
20.jpg
21.jpg
22.jpg
23.jpg
24.jpg
25.jpg
26.jpg

Outdoor lighting
41.jpg
42.jpg
43.jpg
44.jpg
45.jpg
46.jpg

40.jpg
47.jpg

Here are few side by side comparsions with BM vs Anovos:
10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg
15.jpg

Last edited:
The weathering is amazing looking for the dirt/grime effect that he did.

Which helmet do you like more now? Anovos or BM?

663C91D4-B40C-43F1-8B2C-F07298FBDF23.jpeg
damn. This was the first one I came across. I’m sure it could be gotten cheaper from somewhere... but that is an insane starting price.

I’m also hoping to find out what he used for the dirt/grime
He most likely used Windsor and Newton Oil Paints Raw Sienna for the rust and raw umber probably mixed with a tad bit of black for the other weathering. Oil paints are fantastic for weathering metallic surfaces.

There is no Raw Sienna on there, and no black. I did use Raw Umber and another brown tone, Van Dyke Brown.

This was one of the first helmets I finished and my process has changed slightly since then.

Last edited:
This was one of the first helmets I finished and my process has changed slightly since then. You can check out more recent helmets on my Instagram. @Jackrupert133
[/QUOTE]

That is some amazing paintwork nicely done!

There is no Raw Sienna on there, and no black. I did use Raw Umber and another brown tone, Van Dyke Brown.

This was one of the first helmets I finished and my process has changed slightly since then. You can check out more recent helmets on my Instagram. @Jackrupert133
Sent you a PM regarding.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back