Boba for life

Mocoronado

New Hunter
Hello everyone, I am wanting to get a Boba Fett costume made for myself. I have the helmet, and need everything else. I am a plus size woman so not sure how to start this process and looking for any advice or recommendations for plus size costume designers/makers. Thank you!!!

Hello everyone, I am wanting to get a Boba Fett costume made for myself. I have the helmet, and need everything else. I am a plus size woman so not sure how to start this process and looking for any advice or recommendations for plus size costume designers/makers. Thank you!!!

First of, welcome to the Dented Helmet. You've come to the right place.

I usually tell people who are getting into building a Fett costume to determine which one you're going for, and you have a few options; such as: ESB, RoTJ, RoTJ SE, Pre Pro 1, 2, or 3 + a few others to choose from.

Second, regarding parts of the build, I usually recommend to starters to start with the soft parts, as this is the base layer of the entire build. Flight suit and vest, belt boxes and spats. With getting the flight suit out of the way, you can determine any tailoring adjustments that need to be made. Arkady here on the TDH makes the soft parts I just mentioned. I'm not aware of anyone else currently outside of the community. If you have the sewing skills, you can make a flight suit out of scrubs or a red cap jump suit, or from an alternative vendor on Etsy, depending on the type of accuracy you're going for.

Armor wise, you have a few options. Viva Fett, Neo Fett are a couple of names that come to mind for hard parts. Alternatively, if you have some diy and motivation, you can use templates to cut out the body armor out of sintra and heat form it to your body.

First of, welcome to the Dented Helmet. You've come to the right place.

I usually tell people who are getting into building a Fett costume to determine which one you're going for, and you have a few options; such as: ESB, RoTJ, RoTJ SE, Pre Pro 1, 2, or 3 + a few others to choose from.

Second, regarding parts of the build, I usually recommend to starters to start with the soft parts, as this is the base layer of the entire build. Flight suit and vest, belt boxes and spats. With getting the flight suit out of the way, you can determine any tailoring adjustments that need to be made. Arkady here on the TDH makes the soft parts I just mentioned. I'm not aware of anyone else currently outside of the community. If you have the sewing skills, you can make a flight suit out of scrubs or a red cap jump suit, or from an alternative vendor on Etsy, depending on the type of accuracy you're going for.

Armor wise, you have a few options. Viva Fett, Neo Fett are a couple of names that come to mind for hard parts. Alternatively, if you have some diy and motivation, you can use templates to cut out the body armor out of sintra and heat form it to your body.
This is an amazing start and I appreciate all of the info and the breakdown, it makes it seem easier. Thank you for the welcome!

Welcome to the hunt! As stated before, you came to the right place! There's a ton of information on here and a ton of super helpful people as well.

As Brokk mentioned, probably the first step is to choose from one of the many Boba costume variations. Then I'd say the next step is to familiarize yourself with the costume to understand what pieces you'll need to complete the costume.

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back