Boba Fetts Jetpack 3D printed build

Yeah that's the problem with my ABS is warpin, especially on big stuff. May have to buy PLA for this. Thanks for the files!! I may need to split them a little, mine is 200x200x200

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A

Yeah that's the problem with my ABS is warpin, especially on big stuff. May have to buy PLA for this. Thanks for the files!! I may need to split them a little, mine is 200x200x200

I'm thinking you might be okay with these on that bed size. If I recall, pretty much all of them were tight in the 'Y', rather than in 'X'. One was right on the edge of my 'Z', so that was fun to wait for.

Hahaha gotcha. Thanks a ton!! Once I build this baby I can sell off my ruffkins and have an accurate, clean pack! Haha very excited!

Best part about this jetpack, it's that I've made a water cooling system that's small, quiet, portable, and will last about four hours...and it'll fit perfect inside :)

Sent from my iPad

Raf, one thing to consider fixing, is where the thruster meets the cap. Gluing a flat surface to a curved surface greatly decreases the surface area to be bonded, making it more weak. Other than that, they fit perfectly together. Very pleased how this came together.

57ab9f3509193c26f2ae356ca52d62d1.jpg

bfad49642f77bdd94d7c8aaa2f2fc92c.jpg
fca10c046b874a92fe0995a44881d5d1.jpg

Sent from my iPad

Attachments

• 57ab9f3509193c26f2ae356ca52d62d1.jpg
    57ab9f3509193c26f2ae356ca52d62d1.jpg
    315 KB · Views: 199
  • bfad49642f77bdd94d7c8aaa2f2fc92c.jpg
    bfad49642f77bdd94d7c8aaa2f2fc92c.jpg
    323.7 KB · Views: 194
  • fca10c046b874a92fe0995a44881d5d1.jpg
    fca10c046b874a92fe0995a44881d5d1.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 200
I started printing pieces off, and the rocket is coming along well !! (Though, I couldn't find the top rocket part in the files, I had my own I tried cleaning up, but do you know which file it is?)
Hope I can clean everything up as well as you have!! How do you sand inside all the notches? Like the base of the rocket? Also, do you think 10-15% infill will be too weak?

I started printing pieces off, and the rocket is coming along well !! (Though, I couldn't find the top rocket part in the files, I had my own I tried cleaning up, but do you know which file it is?)
Hope I can clean everything up as well as you have!! How do you sand inside all the notches? Like the base of the rocket? Also, do you think 10-15% infill will be too weak?

I apologize for that. I forgot that had to slice the two apart...I'll add em.

I got thinking...if you're not too far along with this. Have you looked into Poly PC filament? Its as strong as ABS, prints really nice, and doesn't warp. Figure you could do two walls and 5% infill and it'd still be strong as hell. Might want to look into it. Polymaker | PC-Plusâ„¢

I got thinking...if you're not too far along with this. Have you looked into Poly PC filament? Its as strong as ABS, prints really nice, and doesn't warp. Figure you could do two walls and 5% infill and it'd still be strong as hell. Might want to look into it. Polymaker | PC-Plusâ„¢
Wow for real?? I'll have to look into it! I've only printed the rocket, and only 10%infill. Will a printer set to abs take that though? I guess it'd have to have the same density, tolerance, and melt temp right?

Wow for real?? I'll have to look into it! I've only printed the rocket, and only 10%infill. Will a printer set to abs take that though? I guess it'd have to have the same density, tolerance, and melt temp right?

Not necessarily. Your melt temp might be higher or lower...but your printer should be able to handle it.

Sent from my iPad

Not necessarily. Your melt temp might be higher or lower...but your printer should be able to handle it.

Sent from my iPad
Okay gotcha. Because I have. DaVinci 1.0, so it can be tempermental. And the filament site says to buy some kinda bed cover for this filament? Kinda odd, and it is pricey... I'll think about it ;D

Okay gotcha. Because I have. DaVinci 1.0, so it can be tempermental. And the filament site says to buy some kinda bed cover for this filament? Kinda odd, and it is pricey... I'll think about it ;D

Look up Airwolf WolfBite for PC Polycarbonate...cheaper and works awesome. I use this stuff for PLA and ABS. One coat lasts for 4 to 5 prints.

Sent from my iPad

Raf, one thing to consider fixing, is where the thruster meets the cap. Gluing a flat surface to a curved surface greatly decreases the surface area to be bonded, making it more weak. Other than that, they fit perfectly together. Very pleased how this came together.

Sent from my iPad

The tank caps model posted on Shapeways already has the outer hole area flat, specifically made for the thruster:

Flat Tank Cap.jpg

I've got pretty much everything printed, glued on, bond'od, sanded, and primered. I sprayed a coating of plasti-dip on the inside, as I'm installing a water cooling system for my suit. I just have a couple small spots to fix, and its off to my weapons painter. I'm so ready for this to be done lol. That reminds me, I need to find paint templates...

da4aae13f8bb6b9e41c9eea5e19319e1.jpg

Sent from my iPad

Attachments

• da4aae13f8bb6b9e41c9eea5e19319e1.jpg
    da4aae13f8bb6b9e41c9eea5e19319e1.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 183
How's yours coming along?
Honestly not too great lol I've been trying to play around with the files, but the DaVinci slicer must be different than yours and I guess the couple of pieces (ie. The place below the rocket base , that holds the rocket) get sliced and then there are tears or it shoots random geometry. I tried cleaning it up on MakePrintable, but that was just as bad. I may try slicing the pack on my own maybe. Unless you have updated files? I could try the rocket and thruster files as mine were okay, could just be that one piece. Do you have the new files ready? I'm way too jealous of your pack to stop now xD
thanks!

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back