Boba Fett SE Promo Shot WIP

So just out of curiosity while I’m waiting for resin to dry does anybody have a good way to get rid of the chemical smell inside the helmet?

leave it out where it is well ventilated and air is moving.
I dont know your living situation, but if you have a balcony or a porch, that will do.

The problem likely is not one of "getting the smell out of the helmet" like known with cloths.
In this case, it is the materials used in the helmet still emitting gases and thus: the smell.
So you want to make it as easy for the materialy to emitt all that they are going to emitt as fast as possible by providing constant fresh air in which to emitt by storing the helmet in a well ventilated area (outside if possible) for a while.

Last edited:
leave it out where it is well ventilated and air is moving.
I dont know your living situation, but if you have a balcony or a porch, that will do.

The problem likely is not one of "getting the smell out of the helmet" like known with cloths.
In this case, it is the materials used in the helmet still emitting gases and thus: the smell.
So you want to make it as easy for the materialy to emitt all that they are going to emitt as fast as possible by providing constant fresh air in which to emitt by storing the helmet in a well ventilated area (outside if possible) for a while.
Gotcha, that’s kinda what I thought but was somewhat unsure if airing it out for a few days would be enough. I’ve left it outside for a while and it’s already much better. That resin is some nasty stuff.

Just had my first attempt at applying the thumb print, I’m pretty happy with how it came out. Saw a video on Kill Stripe ’s Instagram that showed them doing it with a q-tip and I kinda just followed that and looked at the reference pics.
72CBA361-1151-46F9-9A50-1676C711E4E0.jpeg

Gotcha, that’s kinda what I thought but was somewhat unsure if airing it out for a few days would be enough. I’ve left it outside for a while and it’s already much better. That resin is some nasty stuff.

Just had my first attempt at applying the thumb print, I’m pretty happy with how it came out. Saw a video on Kill Stripe ’s Instagram that showed them doing it with a q-tip and I kinda just followed that and looked at the reference pics.
View attachment 189871

You are a very brave man... :D

The helmet is probably gonna "smell" for quite some time into the future. The progress of de-smelling is a long one.^^

I’m sure we pronounce it the same. We just straight up don’t have basements.
Lol this is true, here in Texas we just don't have basements! My dad builds homes for a living and i think he said its because the dirt is only a thin layer above the limestone making it harder and more expensive to excavate it. Ive seen homes in the Austin/San marcus area have them. When I was little kid I always seen them on movies and I was scared of them. I guess because of home alone 2 and the burbs made them look scary plus so did every other horror movie hahaha

Lol this is true, here in Texas we just don't have basements! My dad builds homes for a living and i think he said its because the dirt is only a thin layer above the limestone making it harder and more expensive to excavate it. Ive seen homes in the Austin/San marcus area have them. When I was little kid I always seen them on movies and I was scared of them. I guess because of home alone 2 and the burbs made them look scary plus so did every other horror movie hahaha

Only a few of the old houses here in downtown Austin have them. Mostly on the east side. Too much limestone everywhere else.

I hate to get all technical, but...

Most houses in the south (Texas included) don’t have basements because their foundations don’t have to be very deep. It’s directly related to frost, and something called the frost line. In upstate NY, the frost line is 42”, so if the foundation has to extend below that to prevent heaving/ structural failure; most builders go the extra few feet down and create basements up here.

I’m an Architect, btw. Not some foundation/ basement connoisseur...

Most houses in the south (Texas included) don’t have basements because their foundations don’t have to be very deep. It’s directly related to frost, and something called the frost line. In upstate NY, the frost line is 42”, so if the foundation has to extend below that to prevent heaving/ structural failure; most builders go the extra few feet down and create basements up here.

Yeah there’s that too. We don’t know what snow is either.
:p

thats real interesting!
I'm from Germany and here its way different. Houses are most often built "brick on brick" with stuff like pore-clay or pore-concrete. The foundations are done excuvating until you reach solid soil, then compact the soil and fill with with a 1 meter (roughly 1 yard) "buffer" of sharp gravel that will compact. In german thats called the "Frostschutz" or "frost protection", as any water will run through it and not concentrate there. Then the concrete slab is poured on top.

Hmmm interesting, I’ve never really looked into architecture but it is pretty interesting how things are done. I don’t think we were required to have a basement as we don’t get a lot of snow in NC but we opted for one anyways just to have some extra space
Totally didn’t mean to derail your thread. Please, by all means let’s get back to Fett. Specifically your lid!

More Fett, less about my job...hahahahaha!

Totally didn’t mean to derail your thread. Please, by all means let’s get back to Fett. Specifically your lid!

More Fett, less about my job...hahahahaha!
:lol: :lol: Guess we did kinda get off on a tangent. I’ll have an update pretty soon. I’ve not had a ton of time to work on it the past couple of days but I’ll have an update soon! About to start with the SE damage on the lid.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back