Boba Fett SE Promo Shot WIP

Jetpackfett considering you needed a bucket fast, you made a wise decision. The paint on the EFX is amazing! For what needs to be corrected, you can take a look at superjedi s post giving a complete review of the helmet.

As far as the modifications go, im really interested how you are going to do those. :)
I completely agree! I love my EFX and I’ve been reading that thread religiously lately. I’m still waiting on some humbrol paints to come in and I’ll start that process.
Also forgot to mention my EE-3 kit came in and I’ve begun working on that. I’ve never finished a 3D print kit before so if anyone has any experience in that field I’d love some advise.

Thanks! The more I’m looking at the pic the more I’m thinking about 1/2 an inch can come off the bottom of the flak jacket. Either that or I had the ammo belt on too high. Thoughts?
The pup in the pics is my English bulldog. He’s a big boy but I suppose he could look like a terrier from a distance. :lol:

Also got my paints in and started working on the helmet seam. Still needs some touch up and a little more clean up work but I’m pretty happy with it. I followed TheSwede ’s process for filling the gap.
9521D721-854B-4214-A0D9-DD5B718C5D9A.jpeg
024B0948-7402-4745-8B9E-E821B6171E69.jpeg
DBE7158C-6108-44A2-9A6C-DD5F07E4DE02.jpeg

Hope everyone’s having a great May 4th so far, and thoroughly enjoyed the conclusion of clone wars as much as I did. Pretty big update today as I was able to do my first partial suit up! Got the studs in from MachineCraft last week and got the hard hat liner mounted in the helmet so I had to throw everything on. I didn’t have my jet pack harness on so the alignment was slightly off and I decided not to throw on the girth as the cod isn’t finished yet. Just really waiting on my flight suit from Carole now, these Vader pjs will do for now though:lol: still need to get jetpack hooks, and finish up a couple of things but it’s really coming together!
View attachment 189357

Looks fantastic man! You definitely have the build for Fett - thank you for the support!!

Hope everyone’s having a great May 4th so far, and thoroughly enjoyed the conclusion of clone wars as much as I did. Pretty big update today as I was able to do my first partial suit up! Got the studs in from MachineCraft last week and got the hard hat liner mounted in the helmet so I had to throw everything on. I didn’t have my jet pack harness on so the alignment was slightly off and I decided not to throw on the girth as the cod isn’t finished yet. Just really waiting on my flight suit from Carole now, these Vader pjs will do for now though:lol: still need to get jetpack hooks, and finish up a couple of things but it’s really coming together!
View attachment 189357
Looking so good! Is is the lighting or is that how orange the shoulder armor is?

Also got my paints in and started working on the helmet seam. Still needs some touch up and a little more clean up work but I’m pretty happy with it. I followed TheSwede ’s process for filling the gap.
View attachment 189451View attachment 189452View attachment 189453
you mentioned fiberglassing the helmet, right? That might be a very very good idea expecially with the efx for a couple of reasons.

Disclaimer: I've never held an efx before so my thoughts are based on experience with other "plastic" helmets.

Plastic helmets tend to be more flexible then full fiberglass buckets. In my estimate that flexibility is a bonus when it comes to physical shock damage, like dropping a helmet. It would maybe get damaged but not shatter into pieces.

With that flexibility comes the issue of gaps. Not only their mere existence but that they will flex; widen and shrink if you handle the helmet. Normally not a problem, but you will be filling the gaps in. The flex in the helmet and the widening and closing of gaps may lead to your filler and paint cracking in those places.

Thats why I think fiberglassing the inside is a really good idea as this will add rigidity to the helmet and prevent the filled gaps from flexing and the filler and paint from cracking.
(At least that's what I think).

Moreover (this is speculation though) even in case of dropping a helmet, the fiberglass might probably help. Adding fiberglass will give you two kinds of "strengths" in the helmet: the flexibility of the plastic and the rigidity of the fiberglass. This could lead to the fiberglass preventing the helmet from flexing too much when being dropped, thus preventing the plastic from damage due to overstress.
In other words, the fiberglass may help to absorb some of the initial blow, likely shattering it in the process, but preventing the plastic from overstressing itself.
As I said, this latter part is nothing but a theory and it might not help at all, maybe even hurt due to the helmet becoming heavier and thus the impact force being greater. So read it with a grain of salt.

For the gap-flex-issue, I'd say its a very good idea!

RamSkirata you made some great points there! I was still kinda on the fence about fiberglassing but I think I will go ahead and do it. I definitely don’t want filler and paint cracking and it will overall improve the durability of the helmet. Thanks for the advice!(y)

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back