Boba fett mandalorian re-paint, new paint

nicktilly

New Hunter
Hi I’m new to the forum. I plan on doing a repaint of my boba fett helmet but this time accurate to the season 2 mandalorian paint job. Less weathered and clean look. Wondered if anyone has a template or is working on one. Any guidance would be great.

Hi I’m new to the forum. I plan on doing a repaint of my boba fett helmet but this time accurate to the season 2 mandalorian paint job. Less weathered and clean look. Wondered if anyone has a template or is working on one. Any guidance would be great.

Attachments

• B6CCCE60-DA2C-4959-AB9F-F5DE42A7939B.jpeg
    B6CCCE60-DA2C-4959-AB9F-F5DE42A7939B.jpeg
    69.9 KB · Views: 464
Hey.
My advice would be to really really really set aside that wish for .... say... 3 months and then revisit it.
1st: there isnt much info out yet regarding templates etc. Waiting (more then 3 months probalby) will give you a more accurate prop.
2nd and more important reason: The new Boba helmet is new and exciting. Wait if the desire for one may not go away. It coul well be that you regret overpainting a perfect old trilogy Boba helmet.

My advice would be to really really really set aside that wish for .... say... 3 months and then revisit it.

Yeah, and maybe longer. It could changed this week and then again in SE3:EP1
Your version could end up with the worst version of the new version of the previous version, but not as good as the new version o_O

It seems to have physical pitting under the fresh paint still, so you'll likely want to brush stipple the whole helmet with bondo then lightly sand it to get a similar effect.

Paints colors you'll most likely just have to eyeball it.

I almost wonder if textured paint could achieve the same "pitted" look...
I will try to replicate that look (post-Sarlacc, that is) with a mix of masking and actual "push-brushing" over a whole silver base, a similar technique to what the late Bob Ross used to do to paint the "happy tree branches". No need for textured paint, though. I would also recommend liquid latex for masking this version.

Last edited:
Hey.
1st: there isnt much info out yet regarding templates etc. Waiting (more then 3 months probalby) will give you a more accurate prop.
2nd and more important reason: The new Boba helmet is new and exciting. Wait if the desire for one may not go away. It coul well be that you regret overpainting a perfect old trilogy Boba helmet.
Also, next July they are releasing the Visual Guide for season 1 and 2, so hopefully that has a decent amount of clear photographs of the 'new' helmet.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back