Boba Fett ESB Helmet Paint Stencils

these stencils are awesome...and so far, my bucket is turning out wicked cool....i wonder if anyone has thought of coming up with the sizing ratios for photoshop based on what kind of helmet's being used.

Hey guys, new to the site/forum. Also new to painting helmets, but not new to art and fabrications in general. I didn't see this listed in this thread or in superjedi's thread. I want to get some opinions on this technique. Print out the correct size stencils, use an exacto to cut them out, give them a light mist of spray-on adhesive, set and paint. This way you can just hit your areas with a rattle can and once things are dry you can simply peel the paper template away. I think this method would be quicker and more acurate, almost no room for mistakes rather than trying to paint inside lines. Thoughts?

I wanted to post this as a separate topic, but my question fits PERFECTLY into this thread.

Years ago, I got handy my first fiberglass helmet, a DP (Don Post) DELUXE-recasted ESB helmet. Same helmet I've started and trooped with until Spring 2005 (when I got an MS2 and assembled, painted and sent by our own (and who I consider a FRIEND OF MINE up to this date, who I met him once....when I was in costume....long story)...SpideyFett.

Anyway, THAT helmet had something in particular that differs from all the Boba helmets out there and that I have'nt seen afterwards from ALL THE AWESOME makers....which are the grooves, dents, scratches, inperfections....etc, that shows on the helmet itself, even when you pass your fingers through those details.

Months ago, I've seen a topic showing where THOSE dents and scratches are located on the ESB helmet, but I've lost THAT topic and images, which PERFECTLY FIT in this thread, but I need to know before I invest into another Fett helmet, or repaint one I already have. The question to this topic is....WHERE ARE THOSE ESB HELMET, SCRATCH/DENT STENCILS/TEMPLATES?

If someone knows about THAT particular topic, please post here or PM me. Thanks.

These stencils are amazing! I just have one question. I have painted the base coat with humbrol 147, light grey. According to Terminal Fettlers list I should mask off the light grey damage, but I'm not sure which areas that includes.

The lower cheeks have a colour described as "looks like dull metal". Is that the light grey areas?

I was pretty sure there should be some light grey damage on the green back panels, but that is listed as bright silver. So I guess there is no light grey damage there?

The back red areas and the mandibles have a colour described as "base metal", is that the light grey?

Thanks in advance. :)

Hi to all,

this pdf files are amazing. I want to brush my helmet in ROTJ style. Now my question, can i paint the scratches and the weathering like this, and only use the ROTJ colours?

Thanks

Hi to all,

this pdf files are amazing. I want to brush my helmet in ROTJ style. Now my question, can i paint the scratches and the weathering like this, and only use the ROTJ colours?

Thanks

You could, but it would look just like an ESB helmet only with different shades of colors. The stencils are specific for the weathering of the ESB damage, which is totally different from the damage of the ROTJ helmet.

Thanks for your reply. Is there any templates for the rotj scratches? I searched but don´t find anything. I think i got to use ref pic out of the web.

By the way, i got a new visor for my dp helmet. Now my question, when i cut out the old visor, have i to replace the visor quickly or can i paint it first?

THX
Jack

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back