Boba Fett Black Series Helmet

The one drawback is I'm not a fan of their liner/hardhat kinda system. Doesn't fit well and still wobbly. Also, the contacts for the rangefinder seem loose since the light flickers a bit.

I'll prob need to swap out the liner for foam, and do some electrical work.

I already popped their hardhat system out, couldn't see out of the visor properly with it installed. Adding foam padding is next. But for the price it's a really nice helmet!

What does everyone recommend for foam? I was also thinking of getting rid of the “hard hat system.” But I also don’t want something that’s going to make me sweat like crazy

What does everyone recommend for foam? I was also thinking of getting rid of the “hard hat system.” But I also don’t want something that’s going to make me sweat like crazy

This is what I have.

Ok great, ill have to order it up.

only issue I’m having with the helmet is trying to remove the range finder now. I wanna take it off to put the battery in. Doesn’t seem like it wants to come off. Am I missing something?

Ok great, ill have to order it up.

only issue I’m having with the helmet is trying to remove the range finder now. I wanna take it off to put the battery in. Doesn’t seem like it wants to come off. Am I missing something?

Pinch the sides of the lower ear and pull down.

does it bother anyone else that the Aurebesh letters are all backwards? cause it bothers me. Also would have been cooler if the letters had been Mando'a

I'm really impressed, especially with the layered paint on the back.
My 501st approved bucket on the left, the Black series on the right.

Attachments

• bobacomp.JPG
    bobacomp.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 814
Here is what I’ve used in my current WIP helmet. I epoxied T nuts to the interior and attached grommets to the chin straps and the bolted them on.
D06D4D7E-B864-4143-BD17-1162CB085B78.jpeg
1BD07E57-3244-4FAD-9FC5-52F9410A2A71.jpeg

I imagine you could do the same with the Hasbro helmet.

This helmet is ok for what it is, but it doesn’t compare to any of the helmets you can get here. (especially my ToEleven helmet ;)). I just got mine Saturday and I am already dismantling it to make a custom. Also, for those wanting to make customs out of these, it might be best to get the prototype helmet coming out soon so you don’t have to fill in the dent.

anybody know where to find a darker visor for the helmet

The easiest thing to do would be to add a layer of automotive window tint to the existing one. You could also get a welding visor and cut it to shape, but that may be difficult due to the interior being the way it is. Also, you could try you luck with something from t-visor.com but it would also take some modifications to the helmet.

You may just want to replace the visor altogether. I've read many complaints about the visor being too soft and scratches waaaay too easily.

My own I was very careful about taking out of the box. I never even touched the visor and still somehow wound up with an upside down "V" shaped scratch dead center where you see thru.

umdfCtG.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back